The 2018 Nonprofit Recurring Giving Benchmark Report: Key Findings in Fundraising
Brady Josephson, Director, VP of Innovation & Optimization, NextAfter
Andrea Schiller, Senior Product Marketing Manager, Salesforce.org
Recurring donors are up to 4x more valuable than one-time donors. Can you imagine the impact your organization could have if you could multiply the donations of your one-time donors by 4x?
In January 2018, we teamed up with NextAfter to make recurring donations to 115 organizations across 9 different verticals, tracking every data point and asking 3 key questions:
- What does the donation process look like?
- What does the communication with recurring donors look like?
- How do organizations handle
lost, stolen, and canceled credit cards?
After analyzing 115 donation pages and 4,500 online and offline communications, some startling discoveries were made, including:
- 3 out of 4 organizations didn’t prompt one-time donors to give a recurring gift.
- Only 13% called to say thank-you.
- Only 1 in 5 sent email communication from a real person.
Join us to learn about the biggest takeaways, new tips to acquire recurring donors, mistakes to avoid in your communications, ideas to increase the value of recurring donations, and strategies to grow cultivation practices.