Your Guide to #GivingTuesday
You’re sitting in your office on November 27th. You’re fielding texts from your mom about what time your flight home lands. At the very moment you begin to map out our Turkey Day plate real estate (mashed potatoes at 3:00, green beans at 9:00, please), you scroll across a teaser for a #GivingTuesday donation match a partner organization has organized and that feeling sinks in. You missed the #GivingTuesday boat. Again. #sad
That was 2016. And here we are in 2018…the #GivingTuesday planning you’d vowed to map out in August has gone by the way of your hydration and decluttering goals (read: it never happened).
Enter: Salesforce.org. We’re here as your trail guides for all things #GivingTuesday (or #GT for short). We’ve got the maps, the virtual bug spray and the snacks. Follow us and you’ll be only steps away from a successful November 27. (This is a good time to add that date to your calendar. No shame if it isn’t on there yet. This is a safe space.)
First, let’s get some of the basics out of the way. When does #GivingTuesday occur? Great question, you greenbean loving nonprofit rockstar. #GivingTuesday is celebrated/observed the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. The key is to think about it in the same vein as Black Friday and Cyber Monday — #GivingTuesday officially kicks off the end-of-year giving season.
The impact of #GivingTuesday is huge. According to the good people at GivingTuesday.org, “On #GivingTuesday 2016, $180+ million was raised online in the United States alone to benefit a tremendously broad range of causes.”
Let’s get you a piece of that $180 million, shall we?
View on Demand Webinar Recordings
Strengthen Your Arts Community with the Best Engagement Strategy
Description: Webinar with 92Y from Wednesday, August 29th.
Cracking the Code on #GivingTuesday with First Book Webinar
Description: Take a deeper look at how this organization saw repeatable success with their #GivingTuesday campaigns on Salesforce.
Real Talk: Your Guide to #GivingTuesday
Description: We’ll kick off our Giving Tuesday festivities by spending quality time with two industry experts: Rachel and Mark. During this real talk session, we’ll hear about tips for organizations of all sizes on how to make the most of GT. Don’t miss this thought-provoking discussion on how to survive and strive on November 28.
Read about Salesforce.org’s solutions:
- Pardot for Nonprofits Snapshot
- Marketing Cloud for Nonprofits Snapshot
- Social Studio for Nonprofits Snapshot
- Nonprofit Success Pack Snapshot
Not that into reading? Watch a Demo Video to learn more about our solutions:
Remember, we’re here to help. Check out our implementation resources for getting started on Salesforce:
- Join the Power of Us Hub and collaborate with peers.
- Choose a MC Implementation Partner
- Learn how to Personalize Journeys with Marketing Cloud & Manage Fundraising for Nonprofits on Trailhead
- Visit the Help Pages for getting started With Marketing Cloud, Pardot, Social Studio & More
- Marketing Cloud Resources & Documentation on product release notes & best practices
- Play around in the Demo Center & learn how to build Journeys without even being in Marketing Cloud!
[wptabtitle]Tips & Tricks[/wptabtitle]
Tips & Tricks
Collaborate on Your Social Plan
#GivingTuesday is a busy day in the land of fundraising — use Salesforce Social Studio to help your campaign go viral and stand out in the crowd.
- 1. Read about the benefits and challenges of social media management tools that support positive ROI in
2. Influencer Marketing on what you need to know from the influencer & the marketer’s perspective
3. View on Demand videos & a social workbook.
4. Optimize Your Social Listening with Salesforce Social Studio. Join Circles of Success to learn more.
Create a Community
- Watch the Community Engagement Demo
- Learn how to Build Your Own Community in 20 Minutes
- Get Started with Communities on Trailhead
Hear from our Partners
You’re not in it alone. Salesforce’s partner network is also here to help set you up for the most successful #GivingTuesday. We’ve pulled together a few of our favorite resources here so partner up and get smart.
- 15 Resources to Plan Your Best Campaign Yet
- Blog: Is Your Fundraising Software Ready for the Biggest Day Yet?
- Blog: 7 Day Marketing Plan for Your #GT Campaign
- Blog: 5 Social Media Tips for Your #GT Campaign
- RallyBound’s #GivingTuesday Checklist
#GivingTuesday might be over, but your end of year planning has just begun. Check out our tips for keeping the #GivingTuesday momentum all the way into the new year:
- Kick Off Your #GivingTuesday Planning from Emily Goodstein
- Jumping on the #GivingTuesday Bandwagon: How to Do it Right from John Haydon
- Top 3 Trends from the Last 3 #GivingTuesdays from Misty McLaughlin
- #GivingTuesday 2018 for Common Sense: Something Old, Something New from Paul Holman-Kursky
- #GivingTuesday and Beyond from Emily Goodstein
- #GivingTuesday Never Tasted Better from Emily Goodstein
- And the Gold Star Goes to… from Emily Goodstein
- Getting Bookish on #GivingTuesday from Susan McCullough
- Everyone Has the Capacity to #GivingTuesday from the 92nd Street Y #GivingTuesday Team
- The Bare Necessities of #GivingTuesday from Rachel Muir
- Kick Off the Year-End Giving Season With Your #GivingTuesday Campaign from Allison Gauss
Your 2018 #GivingTuesday Guide
8 Tips for Staying Sane During End-of-Year Fundraising
Watch our free #GivingTuesday webinar.
Watch our free webinar on all things #GivingTuesday.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-524727-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'salesforcefoundation.org']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);