Top 3 Highlights from Higher Ed Summit Horizons 2019
Leaders in higher education came together in Paris to share remarkable digital transformation stories.
Innovation. Passion. Transformation. These are the words the attendees used to describe our 2nd Annual Higher Ed Summit Horizons in Paris! What an inspiring day of discussion, learning, and most of all – fun! Thank you to the over 250 higher ed professionals from Spain, Poland, Norway, UK, Germany, France and Mauritius, to name a few, who joined us at the beautiful musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac to share and ideate solutions aimed to help every student succeed.
Whether you were able to attend in person or not, we want to ensure the momentum continues by sharing a few of our favourite highlights to come out of the jam-packed day. Here are our top 3 highlights from this year’s conference:
1. ESSEC Business School and UOC Exemplified Digital Transformation in Salesforce.org Keynote
Horizons co-host, ESSEC Business School, and Universitat Oberta de Cataluny both took to the stage as pioneers in digital transformation to showcase the incredible changes they’re making on campus and off. The community-led keynote dug deep into how both universities have reimagined the experience for every student – from recruiting and admissions to the student experience and engaging alumni for lifelong-learning – all by embracing technology to adapt and even get ahead in an ever-changing industry.
2. Be Inspired by European Success Stories in Higher Ed!
Digital transformation in higher education requires a defined strategy, planning, and agility. The sessions at Horizons included over 20 breakout sessions, demos and roundtables that showcased how universities are leading the charge towards transforming their institution to meet the needs of today’s students. We heard incredible transformation stories from institutions like the London School of Economics, who uses chatbots to better manage student success, or IESE Business School, who created a unified admission portal, and Emlyon Business School, who enhanced their career services operations to accelerate student employability.
Take time to watch a session you might have missed or share a story with a colleague. You’ll also find some practical how-to’s alongside tips and tricks in the lineup. You can watch all of the session recordings below:
Recruitment and Admissions:
- A Marketing Match Made in Heaven: Self Implementation Tips and Tricks
- How the ALU Leverages Marketing Cloud to Engage with a Young, Diverse and Mobile-Centric Population
- Modernising the Entry Door to PSL with a Unified Admission Portal
- How to Move from Salesforce Classic to Lightning and to use Pardot as a Marketing Automation Tool
- How to Recruit More Students with Marketing Intelligence
- LSE Student Services Sunshine through the Education Cloud
- There is More to Advising than Academics
- Skilling Up Your Students for the Digital Workforce
- Optimising Career Services Operations to Accelerate Student Employability
- Driving a New Era of Digital Marketing for Higher Education Fundraising
- Optimise Alumni Engagement & Fundraising with Education Cloud
- Driving Digital Transformation and Creating a Culture Open to Change
- Reflections on Salesforce from Across the Pond
- EDA (Education Data Architecture): Introduction & Roadmap
3. Collaboration was at an all-time high! #PowerofUs
Just like the Higher Ed Summit held in the United States annually, Horizons is a celebration of our incredible community! It’s an opportunity to gain insights, leverage best-practices, connect with peers and be inspired to pioneer transformation across your institution. And that’s exactly what happened in Paris. The conversations in meeting rooms, hallways, and after sessions were buzzing with people talking about ideas they were excited to take back with them. Simply stated, it was inspiring.
But these conversations don’t just take place at our events, they also take place daily in the Power of Us Hub. If you’re not familiar with the Hub – it’s an online community for Salesforce.org customers, partners and staff. It’s a great place for you to connect with fellow Education Trailblazers, who are using Salesforce and sharing their journey and best practices. So if you’re just now learning about the Hub or simply haven’t been in there in a while, we urge you to join the conversation and see first-hand some of the amazing innovation coming out of our community.
Thank you to all of the attendees and trailblazers who joined us again this year! We look forward to seeing you at future Salesforce events like Dreamforce, Salesforce Basecamp or the 2020 Higher Ed Summit.
You Might Also Like
This article is part of our ongoing series that explores how automation, intelligence, and real-time engagement can help nonprofit organizations…
Introducing the officers and members of the 2023 Salesforce America Higher Education Advisory Council (HEAC).
Three important issues and trends that emerged from the Strategic Enrollment Management Conference.