Michelle Obama Headlines Salesforce.org Education Summit 2021
From creating connected student journeys to implementing new business models, 2020 served as a wake-up call that now is the time to chart a new path forward through education — together. At the ninth annual Salesforce.org Education Summit, we’ll do just that. In addition to reimagining the future of education, we’ll highlight global customer stories, celebrate community-driven innovation, and spotlight our many inspirational Trailblazers that are driving student and institution success in a whole new way.
If it’s not clear yet how much we want you in the (virtual) room with us at Education Summit on June 16, here are the top five reasons why you should definitely attend the Salesforce.org education event of the year.
1. A Conversation with Michelle Obama
Michelle. Obama. Need we say more?
When Mrs. Obama served as First Lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017, she became a global inspiration, advocating for education, healthy families, and America’s service members and their families. Among her many key initiatives was Reach Higher, which inspired youth to complete education past high school, and Let Girls Learn, a program focused on helping adolescent girls around the world go to school.
A graduate of both Princeton University and Harvard Law School, Mrs. Obama is a multi-faceted powerhouse who is also known for her New York Times Best-Selling book, Becoming, which took just 15 days to sell more copies of any other book published in 2018. She’s also the producer of Waffles and Mochi, a kids show about healthy eating on Netflix.
You won’t want to miss this exciting and impactful discussion with the former First Lady on our global mainstage.
Michelle Obama headlines Education Summit 2021.
2. A Discussion About the Future of Education with Yuval Noah Harari
Professor Yuval Noah Harari is not only a renowned historian, he’s also the bestselling author of Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind. Widely considered as one of the world’s most influential public intellectuals alive today, Harari’s books have been recommended by luminaries such as Bill Gates, Barack Obama, Janelle Monáe, and others.
A professor of History at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Harari focuses his work on big-picture questions, like: What ethical questions do science and technology raise in the 21st century? A visionary thinker, Harari’s expertise will undoubtedly be on full display during this conversation at Education Summit where he’ll talk about building new models to address the world’s toughest challenges.
Yuval Noah Harari headlines Education Summit, where he’ll talk about building new models to address the world’s toughest challenges.
3. A Celebration of Lifelong Learning
Now more than ever, students are taking a long-term view at what higher ed institutions, community colleges and employers can offer them after graduation and as they enter the workforce. As learners prioritize a more connected journey from higher education into meaningful careers, colleges and universities are increasingly obligated to do the same.
This year’s Education Summit will feature a panel of the sector’s leading experts who are focused on doing just that. The four panelists featured in this important conversation on lifelong learning will share how they’re helping to build a more resilient workforce in today’s digital economy.
- Maria Flynn, President & CEO, Jobs for the Future
- Meghan Hughes, President, Community College of Rhode Island
- Paul LeBlanc, President, Southern New Hampshire University
- Rachel Carlson, CEO and Co-Founder, Guild Education
Education Summit will feature a panel discussion about lifelong learning at its best.
Our friends in Europe will have their own twist on this enlightening panel conversation, which will be streaming on the global mainstage across different time zones. This panel will spotlight three amazing global leaders in education:
- Amy Baker, CEO and Co-Founder, The PIE (Professionals in Education)
- Johan Roos, Chief Academic Officer, Hult International Business School
- Martin Bean, CBE, Vice-Chancellor and President of RMIT University
4. Get Insights on Digital Transformation from Colorado University
We’re excited to announce our Education Summit 2021 event partner, the University of Colorado (CU) — a four-campus system comprising CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, CU Denver, and the CU Anschutz Medical Campus. The university is leading an extensive digital transformation powered by Salesforce across all four of the Colorado campuses through his three-year transformation and innovation program.
The university’s commitment to a digital transformation across CU’s four campuses is rooted in serving learners throughout their lifetime and delivering a personalized experience tailored to student needs.
Join us for an important conversation with leaders from the University of Colorado who will share their vision for a digital future, the critical importance of equity in education, and how CU is using Education Cloud to transform learner engagements into lifelong relationships, system-wide. You’ll also hear from other university leaders and see a transformational demo highlighting how CU is creating connected student journeys from anywhere. Don’t miss it!
5. Customized Content Just for You
With more than 40 sessions across six tracks, you can create your own personalized event agenda that’s guaranteed to be filled with thought-provoking discussions, practical takeaways, and Salesforce tips and tricks from your peers. From admissions and enrollment to student retention and alumni relations, we’ll explore how education leaders across the globe are using technology to ensure they can meet the needs of lifelong learners throughout their educational journey.
Breakouts will feature content that’s specific to every education sector, from K-12 to higher education community college audiences and beyond. Tracks include:
- Recruiting and Admissions: Recruit the right students by connecting with prospects in a whole new way. Learn how to modernize your approach with a streamlined applications process that will foster high-touch relationships from prospect to enrollment. You’ll hear best-in-class success stories, learn from product experts and experience live Q&A with the people creating admissions management solutions.
- Student Experience: Looking to drive retention and graduation rates? The Student Experience track provides both insights and solutions that help you connect and support students through their entire education journey. Learn how institutions of all sizes are maximizing student engagement, streamlining services, delivering unified advising, and unlocking access to careers for all types of students, from anywhere.
- Advancement: In our ever-changing world, today’s advancement and alumni relations teams are focused on improving and modernizing their strategies for success. Find out how teams are integrating solutions that break down data silos, drive major gifts and online fundraising, improve reporting and insights with AI, personalize engagement, and steward longtime supporters.
- Digital Transformation: Digital transformation is not just about updating IT systems and apps. It’s a cultural shift, and a reimagining of all of your institution’s processes and ways of doing things. Join to learn how the most innovative and future-proof institutions are reinforcing long-term commitments to enterprise-wide change management while investing in digital capabilities and technology.
- Institution Operations: We all want and need to drive transformational change within our organizations. The Institution Operations track will spotlight optimization across institutions of various sizes. Learn how teams are successfully enhancing business intelligence, capabilities AND work productivity.
- Marketing: Today, marketers in Education are faced with new challenges. Achieving enrollment, retention, fundraising, and other revenue goals aren’t as automatic as they once were. Students now expect connected experiences, forcing marketers to stretch beyond their traditional tactics. Learn how institutions of all sizes and backgrounds are delivering amazing, personalized digital engagement.
As you can see from the list above, we don’t call it the Salesforce.org education event of the year for nothing. Virtual or not, Education Summit 2021 is bringing you high-powered headliners, illuminating content, and inspiring Trailblazer stories. This year’s event will hold extra significance as we bring together our entire education community to celebrate the importance of this community in 2020, and the importance of education in 2021 and beyond. Together, we can learn, evolve, and transform the education sector to ensure learners, faculty, staff, and families are always at the center of the education experience.
Register to attend Education Summit 2021, and check out the newly-released session catalog.
About the Author
Senior Manager of Global Event Content at Salesforce.org
Jess has spent the last twelve years of her career working with for-purpose, fast-growth, and creative-forward companies. In her current role as Senior Manager of Global Event Content at Salesforce.org, she produces events to serve Salesforce.org’s nonprofit and education customers. A California native who now lives in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, Jess brings grit, efficiency, and a team-first mentality to whatever project she’s working on — and always has fun while she’s at it.
You Might Also Like
Introducing the officers and members of the 2023 Salesforce America Higher Education Advisory Council (HEAC).
Today is the International Day of Education,a day recognized by the United Nations to highlight the importance of education as…
Big Brothers Big Sisters chief development officer, Deb Barge, talks about the importance of mentorship in honor of National Mentoring…