HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! September 2019
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
Shortcut to sections:
- Product Updates: Product Documentation & Release Info
- Extend Your Learning: Upcoming & Past Webinars, Blogs, Knowledge Articles
- Get Help from Experts in the Community: Office Hours, Ask a Question
- Hub Happenings: Updates from the Community Team
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in August.
Gift Entry Manager (GEM) is live as of August 15th! Check out the blog post announcing the news.
GEM combines the fundraising technology used by some of the largest nonprofits with our Education Data Architecture (EDA) to create a robust solution that can be used across the entire campus in the way that works best for your school. GEM serves as the foundation for your donor management and fundraising operations. You can gather gift and donor information in a new, single streamlined interface. View the announcement in the Hub.
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation
- Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) Documentation
- K-12 Kit Documentation
- foundationConnect Documentation
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- EDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Follow the Updates & Releases topic for all general Salesforce release information
Extend your Learning
“Ready, Set, Lightning!”
With the Winter ’20 release Salesforce will turn on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis for all orgs and all users (users with a Salesforce standard profile or custom profiles with “Lightning Experience User” permission enabled).
Here are three steps to help you get started:
1. Attend a Pro Bono Lightning Success Clinic. During this in-person event, you’ll learn about the benefits of transitioning to Lightning, what that process entails, demos of exciting new features and functionality, and what resources are available to help you along the way.
2. Join our Transition to Lightning Bootcamp starting Thursday, October 3 at 10 AM ET or 10 AM PT. This FREE 6-week Bootcamp will guide you through a basic Lightning Experience transition in a supportive setting. Also, view recordings from past bootcamps.
3. Review the blog posts for an overview of resources and start putting a plan in place for your org’s transition.
- 1. How to Get Ready for Salesforce Lightning
- 2. Salesforce Lightning is Rolling Out – Don’t Fear Being Rolled Over!
- 3. Advice for Rolling Out Salesforce Lightning
- 4. What I Learned in the Transition to Lightning Experience Bootcamp
- 5. Why My Domain in Salesforce Lightning Improves Your Salesforce UX
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from August:
Aug 5: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits
Aug 6: 6-Week Lightning Bootcamp
Aug 8: Get Started with Engagement: Marketing Automation
Aug 12: Get Started with Configure & Customize for Nonprofits
Aug 14: Upgrade to Lightning Experience for EDU and NPO
Aug 15: EMEA Upgrade to Lightning Experience
Aug 15: Get Started with Engagement: Community Cloud
Aug 19: Get Started with Import Data to NPSP
Aug 21: Lightning Struck, Now What?
Aug 22: Get Started with Engagement: Installing Apps
Aug 29: Get Started with Fundraising for NPSP
View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel.
Upcoming webinars to keep an eye on:
Sept 5: Get Started with Fundraising: Account for Your Nonprofit Income with NPSP (NEW!)
Sept 9: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits #1
Sept 11: Get Started with Recruiting & Admissions: #1 Marketing & Recruitment
Sept 12: Get Started with Fundraising: Track Your Nonprofit Income Over Time (NEW!)
Sept 16: Get Started with Configure & Customize for Nonprofits #2
Sept 18: Get Started with Recruiting & Admissions: #2 Admissions & Onboarding
Sept 19: Get Started with Fundraising: Report on Your Fundraising Efforts with NPSP (NEW!)
Sept 23: Get Started with Fundraising for NPSP #3
Sept 24: Process Builder for Nonprofit Engagement
Sept 25: Get Started with Salesforce for Recruiting & Admissions: #3 Data & Insights
Sept 30: Get Started with Importing Data to NPSP #4
Sept 30: Program Management #1: Configure & Customize
Oct 2: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits #1
See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare group in the Hub.
- Higher Education Advisory Council: Call for Nominations 2019-2020
- What I Learned in the Transition to Lightning Experience Bootcamp
- Get to Know EDA: The Education Data Architecture for Salesforce
- What the Salesforce Summer ‘19 Release Means for Higher Ed
- Join the MindShare Group in the Hub to see blogs contributed by the community
- Visit the Salesforce.org blog to read more!
- NEW: Install Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) into a Trailhead Playground
- Engage Constituents with Nonprofit Cloud
- Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- Administer Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Fundraise with Nonprofit Cloud, also in German and in French
- Join the Trailhead Community Convo Group in the Hub to ask questions, give feedback, and hear news about our Trailhead content.
Check out the Community Events Topic in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
August 7 – 9, 2019: Midwest Dreamin’ – Chicago, IL
August 8, 2019: Salesforce.org & UNE Regional Developer Day
August 14, 2019: Marketing Automation Ask Me Anything (AMA) in the Hub.
August 15, 2019: Salesforce World Tour Dallas – Dallas, TX.
August 15, 2019: Daydreamin’ 5280 – Denver, CO.
August 16, 2019: Czech Dreamin’ – Prague, Czech Republic.
August 28, 2019: Down Under Dreamin’ – Sydney, Australia.
August 28, 2019: Salesforce World Tour Los Angeles – Los Angeles, CA.
September 10, 2019: Scotland Success Summit – Edinburgh, UK.
- The DOT org conference is developed for one reason: to bring together changemakers from the Nonprofit sector – nonprofits, charities, social enterprises and membership associations – to accelerate their missions and drive impact.
- DOT org is about the convening of you, your team, and organisations like you, for YOUR Development, your team’s Optimisation, and your organisation’s Transformation.
October 10, 2019: Horizons – Paris, France. Register now.
- Salesforce.org, along with co-host, ESSEC Business School, invite higher education institutions to the 2nd Annual Higher Ed Summit Horizons on Thursday, 10th October at musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, Paris, France.
- Horizons is an exciting day of learning, sharing best practices, connecting, and collaborating. It’s where education, innovation, and community come together – and this year, it’s in Paris, France!
October 16 – 18, 2019: Open Source Community Sprint – Philadelphia, PA
- Registration for our final 2019 Sprint in Philadelphia goes live! Don’t miss out on this amazing event…it’s sure to book up quick! Check out the Sprint Hub Group for registration links and details.
Nov 19 – 22, 2019: Dreamforce 2019
December 10, 2019: DOT Org – Amsterdam; fill out the Info Request form.
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
Get Help From Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
August Higher Ed Consulting Partner Spotlight: Coastal Cloud
August Nonprofit Consulting Partner Spotlight: Candoris
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
— From Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise, and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Read about five ways that purpose-driven companies can make a positive impact.
The Grants Content Kit stores and organizes grant proposal content in Salesforce, allowing grant writers to streamline applications starting with…
In honour of Mandela Day, we talked with Noëlla Coursaris Musunka about how access to education can change not only…