HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! September 2018
The Power of Us Hub, the Salesforce.org online community, celebrated its 5th birthday in August! Thanks to everyone who joined in the celebrations, both in person and online! #HubHighFive
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
Dreamforce is quickly approaching — take a look at the resources below to make sure you start bookmarking sessions and joining in on the fun! Also, take a look at some new Education Cloud resources, as well as all the new webinar recordings, e-books, knowledge articles, etc., from last month!
So… what happened in August?
We’re happy to announce that our newest NPSP feature, Account Soft Credits are GA! With Account Soft Credits, accounts can get credit for donations they’ve influenced through their matching programs, donor advised fund recommendations and more. This feature extends our flexibility, and ensures soft credits are properly attributed to accounts. This feature is geared towards development directors, admins and developers.
This feature complements our earlier announcements around Soft Credit Automation and Customizable Rollups (you should have Customizable Rollups enabled in order to make use of Soft Credits).
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release — which is every two weeks! — all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub. This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- For all general release information: Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group
- Winter ’19 Release Notes PREVIEW
Extend your Learning
Get Ready for Dreamforce!
- Check out all the sessions at Dreamforce 2018! Agenda Builder is live!
• Nonprofit Trail Map & Nonprofit Cloud Keynote
• Education Trail Map & Education Cloud Keynote
- Tune in to the Salesforce at Dreamforce Webinar on 9/12
- Take a look at the Dreamforce Trailhead module
- Download the Salesforce Events App
- Visit the Dreamforce Chatter Group in the Hub
Lightning Transition Bootcamp
Our 6-week Lightning Bootcamp (starting again on Oct 2nd) will guide you through a basic Lightning transition in a supportive setting. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and present resources and best practices to support you. By the end of the bootcamp you should be well on your way to rolling out Lighting to your organization. Questions? Contact Anne Crawford, [email protected] Register today!
Our content team has been busy! Here are a few webinar recordings and slides of note from August:
- (Higher Ed) Personalized Career and Alumni Services with HEDA and Community Cloud
- (Higher Ed) UNLV Graduate College’s Phased Approach to CRM Starts with Admissions
- (Higher Ed) Transition to Lightning for Higher Education
- (NGO) An Introduction to Nonprofit Cloud
- (NGO) Focusing on the Relationships In Nonprofit CRM
- (NGO) The 2018 Nonprofit Recurring Giving Benchmark Report: Key Findings in Fundraising
- (NGO) Streamline Your Org for Increased Adoption
- Maximize Your Salesforce Data for an Effective Marketing Strategy
- See all past recordings on the website or on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel
- *Links will be posted in the MindShare Group in the Hub when they are available!
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Tues, Sept 11th: Lightning Struck, Now What? for Higher Ed
- Weds, Sept 12th: Salesforce at Dreamforce
- Thurs, Sept 13th: Getting Started: How to Use HEDA Reporting for Better Insights
- (NGO) Add or Remove a Contact from an Existing Household
- (NGO) Customizable Rollups Overview
- See all Knowledge Articles!
- (NGO) Becoming a Data-Driven Organization Part Two: Translate Your Impact Strategy to Your Salesforce Data Model
- (NGO) 4 Ways to Manage Your Nonprofit Programs Better with Data
- (NGO) What You Need to Know About The Nonprofit Recurring Giving Benchmark Study
- (NGO) Growth is a Good Word for Small Nonprofits
- (NGO) 5 Tips to Get More Out of Nonprofit Cloud
- (Higher Ed) Georgetown University Leads in Campus-Wide CRM
- (Higher Ed) Building an Education Cloud App on HEDA
- 5 Step Recipe for Making Your Impact in Nonprofit and Higher Ed Technology
- What are Campaigns and How Do They Work?
E-books & Guides
- E-book: Nonprofit Impact Measurement
- E-book: Direct Mail for Nonprofits: How to Manage and Measure Direct Mail Communications with Salesforce
- E-book: 3 Challenges Every Nonprofit Marketer Faces
- E-book: The Higher Ed Trailblazer’s Guide to Salesforce
- E-book: 50 Social Media Best Practices for Universities
- E-book: AI for Good
- PDF: NextAfter Recurring Giving Benchmark Study
- PDF: Lightning Experience Roadmap
- Landing Page: New page for Small Nonprofits
- Snapshot: Nonprofit Cloud Growth Kit Snapshot
Education Cloud Updates
Check out the latest and greatest Education Cloud content & discover how your institution can drive student success across the life cycle from prospect to alum:
- Blogs: Education Cloud for Higher Ed: Three Ways to Transform the Student Experience, Our Journey to Education Cloud for Higher Ed, Get to Know HEDA, The Foundation of Education Cloud, Building an Education Cloud App on HEDA
- Don’t miss the Education Cloud Keynote at Dreamforce!
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
July 31st – Aug 1st, 2018: Community Sprint, Denver, CO
- Join the post-sprint conversation in the Open Source Community Sprints Group in the Hub!
Sept 13th, 2018: Lightning Product AMA (Ask Me Anything!), Virtual in the Hub; Join the Group!
Sept 25th – 28th, 2018: Dreamforce 2018, San Francisco, CA, Learn more!
- Visit the Dreamforce Chatter Group in the Hub
Sept 27th, 2018: Power of Us Party at Dreamforce, San Francisco, CA, Register now!
Oct 2nd, 2018: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp (6-week) begins! Register today!
Oct 23rd, 2018: Higher Ed Summit Horizons, Barcelona, Spain, Register today!
- Blog Post: Higher Ed Summit Horizons: 5 Reasons Why You Won’t Want to Miss It
- Join the conversation in the Higher Ed Summit Horizons 2018 Barcelona Chatter Group in the Hub
October 24-25, 2018: Community Sprint, Portland, OR, Register!
Nov 8th & Nov 13th, 2018: The Connected Nonprofit Conferences
- London – Thursday, November 8th, Get details and Register!
- Amsterdam – Tuesday, November 13th, Get details and Register!
View all upcoming NPSP Days!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
- Harvard Business School Executive Education & Marketing Cloud
- CU Boulder: Card Swiping Analytics using Salesforce Communities
- The Milligan Foundation provides Assistance to Domestic Abuse Victims
- Crew 2000 uses Salesforce for Counseling Services, Tracking & Reporting
Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
- Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help others become more successful on the platform — they become “Hub Heroes”!
- For the month of September, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Donna Whitig and Barbara Christensen. Thanks to Donna and Barbara for all you do! Read more about our September Hub Heroes!
- Want to nominate someone who has helped you in the Hub? Nominate a helpful Hubber.
The Hub’s 5th Birthday!
- The Hub turned 5 on Thursday, August 16! Thanks to everyone who joined us on Twitter and shared their favorite Hub memory and used the hashtag #HubHighFive — check out all the amazing responses!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Read about the Grassroots Mobile Survey — an open-source, accessible solution that enables workers and volunteers to collect data wherever…
An Interview with Lindsay Gruber on building corporate resilience through pro bono volunteerism.
Each year, as we observe the International Day for the Abolition of Slavery on December 2, we have an opportunity…