HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! October 2019
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
Shortcut to sections:
- Product Updates: Product Documentation & Release Info
- Extend Your Learning: Upcoming & Past Webinars, Blogs, Knowledge Articles
- Get Help from Experts in the Community: Office Hours, Ask a Question
- Hub Happenings: Updates from the Community Team
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in September.
[New] NPSP Data Import Resources! Highlights of the new docs include:
- HTML! No more downloading of one big PDF for your documentation. You can now access all of our data import documentation as part of the NPSP doc set in the Power of Us Hub. Check out How the Import Process Works in NPSP Help to get started.
- A brand new feature-related section about Data Import Advanced Mapping.
- A recently revised NPSP Data Import Template that’s color coded to guide you on properly formatting your data.
- See the full Hub Post: in the Hub.
- [NEW] Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) Documentation
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) documentation
- Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) Documentation
- K-12 Kit Documentation
- foundationConnect Documentation
- Gift Entry Manager (GEM) Documentation
NEW: Winter ’20 Release
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- EDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Follow the Updates & Releases topic for all general Salesforce release information
Extend Your Learning
“Ready, Set, Lightning!”
The Winter ‘20 Release Critical Update, “Turn on Lightning Experience,” has been delayed to January, 2020. It will no longer activate within 48 hours of your org getting the Winter ‘20 release. For more information about the new timing of this update, please visit the Lightning Experience Group in the Hub.
Here are a few steps to help you get started:
- Ask Me Anything: Join the Lightning Experience Rollout Ask Me Anything on Oct 15 at 9 AM PT. This is a virtual event in the Hub where Lightning Ambassadors are ready to answer your toughest questions! No registration necessary, simply log into the Hub a few minutes before 9 AM PT and navigate to the Lightning Experience Rollout AMA Group and post your question.
- Virtual Roundtable:Tuesday Oct 8 at 1 p.m. ET, register now
- Review the blog posts for an overview of resources and start putting a plan in place for your org’s transition:
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from September:
- Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits. See full series.
- Get Started with Fundraising for Nonprofits. See full series.
- Get Started with Recruiting & Admissions for Higher Education. See full series.
- EMEA Transition to Lightning for Nonprofits and Education
- Process Builder for Nonprofit Engagement
View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel.
Upcoming webinars to keep an eye on:
- Oct 9: Get Started with Program Management: #2 Customize Service Cloud
- Oct 9: Get Started with Salesforce for Student Experience: #1 Student Advising
- Oct 14: Get Started with Program Management: #3 Create Custom Objects
- Oct 14: Lightning Transition Tools in Three Easy Demos (NEW!)
- Oct 16: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits #3: Fundraise for Nonprofits in NPSP
- Oct 16: Get Started with Salesforce for Student Experience: #2 Student Engagement
- Oct 21: Get Started with Program Management: #4 Import Data
- Oct 28: Get Started with Program Management: #5 Reports and Dashboards
- Oct 30: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits: #4 Import Data into NPSP
- Oct 30: Get Started with Salesforce for Student Experience: #3 Self-Service
- Nov 4: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits: #1 Fundamentals
See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare group in the Hub.
- Social Impact Report
- Online Communities Advance Social Mobility
- 5 Ways You Can Use Salesforce to Advance the SDGs
- Join the MindShare Group in the Hub to see blogs contributed by the community.
- Visit the Salesforce.org Blog
- Install Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) into a Trailhead Playground
- Engage Constituents with Nonprofit Cloud
- Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- Administer Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Fundraise with Nonprofit Cloud, also in German and in French
- Join the Trailhead Community Convo Group in the Hub to ask questions, give feedback, and hear news about our Trailhead content.
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
September 10, 1019: Scotland Success Summit – Edinburgh, UK.
- Almost 50 community members gathered at the Royal Botanic Garden in Edinburgh in attendance and a great day with a packed agenda across 2 different tracks, including presentations, roundtables, live demos, Ask an Architect sessions & customer panels.
September 12 – 13, 2019: Florida Dreamin’ – Orlando, Florida.
September 16, 2019: Northeast Dreamin’ – Manchester, NH.
September 18, 2019: Salesforce World Tour Atlanta – Atlanta, GA.
September 20, 2019: French Touch Dreamin’ – Paris, France.
- Julia Khon and Mitchell Swailes shared fundamentals (and secrets) for getting the most out of Nonprofit Success Pack to create a personalized experience for your donors, decrease manual processes, and ultimately increase giving and support. They told the story of NPSP through the work of one of their clients, Share the Warmth, whose programming and relationships boost confidence and autonomy and fight hunger and poverty in Montreal.
October 2, 2019: DOT Org London – London, England.
October 8, 2019: Interactions Ask Me Anything (AMA), virtual event in the Hub
- Join us for a live Ask Me Anything (AMA) hosted in the Hub on Oct 8 from 9 – 10 AM PT! Salesforce.org employees and Interactions (Community Project) participants will be all-hands-on-deck to answer your questions in real-time. No reg required! Simply join the Interactions AMA group in the Hub and post a question.
- What’s “interactions”? Interactions for Student Recruitment is a solution for recruiting top prospects to your college or university. Built on the Salesforce platform, this solution is a user loading tool for record automation (ULTRA) allows you to track prospective students from their first touch points, through all stages of the application process.
October 10, 2019: Horizons – Paris, France. Register now.
- Salesforce.org, along with co-host, ESSEC Business School, invite higher education institutions to the 2nd Annual Higher Ed Summit Horizons on Thursday, 10th October at musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, Paris, France.
- Horizons is an exciting day of learning, sharing best practices, connecting, and collaborating. It’s where education, innovation, and community come together – and this year, it’s in Paris, France!
- [Blog Post] Higher Ed Summit Horizons: Changing Institutions for a Changing World
October 15, 2019: Lightning Experience Ask Me Anything (AMA), virtual event in the Hub
- Join us for a live Ask Me Anything (AMA) hosted in the Hub on Oct 15 from 9 – 10 AM PT! Salesforce.org Lightning Ambassadors will be all-hands-on-deck to answer your questions in real-time. No reg required! Simply join the Lightning Experience Ask Me Anything (AMA) group in the Hub and post a question.
October 16 – 18, 2019: Open Source Community Sprint – Philadelphia, PA
- Registration for our final 2019 Sprint in Philadelphia is live! Don’t miss out on this amazing event…it’s sure to book up quick! Check out the Sprint Hub Group for details.
October 21 – 25, 2019: Pro Bono Week! Save the date.
- Pro Bono Week Is Coming! Salesforce is celebrating in a big way this year – which means free learning opportunities for Salesforce.org customers! Space is limited, so to learn more about upcoming events, virtual webinars and more, check out the Pro Bono Group in the Hub.
November 7, 2019: Dreamforce Ask Me Anything (AMA), virtual event in the Hub
- Join us for a live Dreamforce Ask Me Anything (AMA) hosted in the Hub on Nov 7 from 8 – 9 AM PT! The Salesforce.org Dreamforce Events and Community Teams will be all-hands-on-deck to answer your questions in real-time. No reg required! Simply join the Dreamforce 2019 group in the Hub and post a question.
Nov 19 – 22, 2019: Dreamforce 2019
- Registration: sold out… but you can still Get a Free Expo Pass.
- Video: View the “How to Dreamforce” Video. Get advice from community leaders!
- Group: Join the Dreamforce 2019 Group in the Hub
- Blog post: 5 Ways to Maximize Your Dreamforce Experience
December 10, 2019: DOT Org – Amsterdam; fill out the Info Request form.
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Topic Landing Page & Weekly Digest Updates
- You asked, we answered! Check out the updates to Topic Landing pages and Topic Weekly Email Digests in the Power of Us Hub on the Hub 2.0 Topic Landing Page.
NPSP Videography – How-To Videos
- New community-created video! Volunteers for Salesforce: Create a Recurring Volunteer Schedule. Check it out!
- Visit the NPSP Videography Group in the Hub
New Community IRL Group
- Join the Community IRL Group and share photos from your in-person events!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
— From Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise, and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Learn more about the importance of CRM vision and strategy and how to implement a CRM vision and strategy in…
Learn how a donor management system can help your nonprofit organization or educational institution boost fundraising and maximize impact.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations and businesses manage relationships with constituents, students, and customers.