HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! November 2018
Over 130 members of the Salesforce.org customer, partner, and employee community out in force for the Portland Open Source Community Sprint!
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
A lot happened this month: Dreamforce 2018 session recordings are now available (and are broken down by industry!), there was a Community Sprint in Portland, and the call for proposals and awards summit nominations for Higher Ed Summit 2019 went live! And so much more…
What’s included below:
- Product updates & release info
- Past and upcoming webinars & events
- New knowledge articles, blog posts, e-books, etc., all new content!
- Power of Us Hub news – what’s new in the community
So… what happened in October?
Hint: NPSP = Nonprofit Success Pack, HEDA = Higher Ed Data Architecture and SAL = Salesforce Advisor Link
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release – which is every two weeks! – all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Join the Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group for all general Salesforce release information
Winter ’19 Release
- Notes: Release Notes
- Trailhead: Winter ’19 Release Highlights
- Trailhead: Prepare for Salesforce Releases
- Group: Success: New Release Readiness Group in the Hub
- Knowledge Article: 5 Steps to getting the most from a Salesforce Release
- Release in a Box: Download your Winter ’19 Release in A Box
- Webinar: Winter ’19 Release Webinar
Extend your Learning
Dreamforce 2018 recordings are available!
- Nonprofit Breakout & Theater Session Recordings (97 videos)
- Higher Ed Breakout & Theater Session Recordings (74 videos)
- K-12 Breakout & Theater Session Recordings(23 videos)
- Nonprofit Keynote Recording
- Higher Ed Keynote Recording
- Salesforce.com Dreamforce 2018 Ultimate Content Guide
- See all Salesforce.org Youtube playlists!
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from October:
- Work Smarter with Salesforce Automation
- (Nonprofit) 5 Tips for Success this #GivingTuesday
- (Nonprofit) Key Trends Impacting Nonprofits in 2018 and Beyond
- Embracing Digital: Trends in the Housing Sector
- (Nonprofit) Getting Started: Program Management
- (Higher Ed) Getting Started: Advancement
- (Higher Ed) Honeymooners and Hipster Parents: Alumni Segmentation and Marketing
- See all past recordings on the website or on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Mon, Nov 5: Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- Weds, Nov 7: How to Transform Student Engagement with Salesforce Advisor Link
- Weds, Nov 7: Getting Started with Student Services
- Thurs, Nov 8: Lightning Struck, Now What?
- Mon, Nov 12: Getting Started: Configure and Customize Salesforce for Fundraising
- Tues, Nov 13: Getting Started: Integrating with Salesforce and HEDA
- Wed, Nov 14: Getting Started: Advancement Series: Alumni Relations & Engagement
- Wed, Nov 14: Revolutionize Recruiting Communications with Marketing Cloud & HEDA
- Thurs, Nov 15: Winter ’19 Release Webinar
- Mon, Nov 19: Getting Started: Importing Data for Fundraising
See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare Chatter Group, or the Getting Started Chatter Group along the left-hand navigation of each group.
Power of Us Live! Roundtables
“Circles of Success” are now known as “Power of Us Live! Roundtables.” These are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Power of Us Live! Roundtables Chatter Group in the Hub to learn more!
- Slides from Dreamforce 2018 Roundtables (16 Roundtables)
- Product Documentation: Create Deduplicated Mailing Lists from a Campaign
- Product Documentation: NPSP Feature Telemetry
- Best Practices: Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- Best Practices: Getting Started: Configure NPSP for Program Management
- Updated! Best Practices: Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- See all Knowledge Articles!
- (Higher Ed) Meet the 2018-2019 Higher Education Advisory Council
- (Higher Ed) Politics, Policy, and International Student Recruiting: A UK Perspective
- (Higher Ed) How Higher Education Can Meet Changing Student Expectations
- (Higher Ed) Connecting The Dots In University Corporate Relations
- (Higher Ed) Higher Education CRM Advice: Move from Opinions to Data
- (Nonprofit) 6 Ways to Make a Difference with Volunteering
- (Nonprofit) 8 Ideas to Optimize Your Recurring Giving Process
- (Nonprofit) How we are working with our venues to make The Connected Nonprofit Conferences sustainable!
- (Nonprofit) 8 AI-Powered Predictions Every Nonprofit Needs To Increase Impact
- (Nonprofit) The Nonprofit Digital Marketer: 7 Steps for Inspiring Action Online
- (K-12) Announcing Education Cloud for K-12
- (K-12) Driving Student Success with Salesforce at Oakland Unified School District
- Ask an Architect: 3 Recommended Steps to Building a Data Retention Policy
E-books & Guides
- Guide: Guide to Higher Ed Advancement
- Toolkit: Giving Tuesday Toolkit
- Form: Stay updated on K-12 products
- Getting Started with an Inherited Org
- Work Smarter with Automation
- Winter ’19 Release Highlights
- Prepare for Salesforce Releases
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Oct 23rd, 2018: Higher Ed Summit Horizons, Barcelona, Spain
- Salesforce.org ran the energetic and inspiring Higher Education Summit Horizons 2018 in Barcelona, Spain on October 23, 2018 with participants from all across Europe, Middle East, Africa and the US; thank you to everyone who came and participated!
- 18 breakout sessions, three Circles of Success discussions and two Keynote sessions. This was our first European Higher Education Summit Horizons!
- Recorded sessions will be shared soon so check the Higher Ed Summit Horizons site for updates and join the conversation in the Higher Ed Summit Horizons 2018 Barcelona Chatter Group in the Hub
Oct 24 – 25, 2018: Community Sprint, Portland, OR
It was a great turnout in Portland, with 130 customers, partners, and Salesforce.org employees diving into some incredible projects. Here is a sampling of what projects are in progress:
- Creating a Waitlist feature for online shift registrations for Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S).
- Developing two prototype solutions to remove dependency on Campaign and allow V4S Sites to work within a Customer Community.
- The amazing Community Project: NPSP Videography team spent time at the sprint to redefined their mission statement and values, and are looking for volunteers to help them get to the next level. Details can be found in the Hub!
- Interactions for Student Recruitment made several updates during the Sprint that included a POC surrounding customizing Contact & Account duplicate matching rules.
- Check out the Open Source Community Group in the Hub for all project updates!
Nonprofit & Higher Ed community members gather in Portland for the Community Sprint!
Oct 25, 2018: Nonprofit Success Clinic – Paris
Oct 25, 2018: Nonprofit Success Clinic – Madrid
Nov 6, 2018: Nonprofit Success Clinic – London, Register now!
Nov 7, 2018: Power of Us Live! Austin, Register now!
Nov 7th, 2018: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp (6-week) begins! Find links to register today!
- November session (Starts Weds, Nov 7, 2018)
- February session (Starts Weds, Feb 6, 2019)
Nov 8th & Nov 13th, 2018: The Connected Nonprofit Conferences
- London – Thursday, November 8th, Get details and Register!
- Amsterdam – Tuesday, November 13th, Get details and Register!
Nov 14, 2018: Open Source Community Day Paris, Register today!
Nov 15, 2018: French Touch Dreamin, Paris, Register today!
Nov 16, 2018: Northeast Dreamin’, Register today!
Nov 19, 2018: Nonprofit Success Clinic -– Dublin, Register today!
Apr 16-18, 2019: Higher Ed Summit 2019, San Diego, California! Save the Date!
Showcase Your Institution at Higher Ed Summit 2019
The 7th Annual Higher Ed Summit kicks off next Spring in sunny San Diego on April 16-18, 2019 and we’d love to hear your success stories!
Submit a session proposal AND nominate your school/department for a Summit Award, an annual tradition celebrating excellence in student success, operational efficiency, and innovation.
- Submit your proposal! Deadline: Nov 19, Submit your proposal!
- Nominate your school! Deadline: Nov 19, Submit your nomination!
- Join the Higher Ed Summit 2019 Chatter Group in the Hub!
View all upcoming World Tour Events and
View all upcoming NPSP Days!
Get Help from Experts at Salesforce
Pro Bono Week
During the week of October 22 – 26, 2018, Salesforce joined other nonprofit organizations, companies, and public authorities from around the world to organize various events, activities, and campaigns in celebration of Pro Bono Week. It was an opportunity to raise awareness and celebrate pro bono volunteerism. We celebrated #ProBonoWeek across 24 different offices in 15 countries here at Salesforce, celebrating with you, our customers, at special success events and webinars around the world and with our employees at education events and training sessions.
Pro Bono Program
If you have a need for Salesforce expertise that is project based, not time sensitive or focused on integrations; our Pro Bono Program might be the way to go! For more information including project guidelines, recommendations, and the application, visit the Salesforce.org Pro Bono Services website! If you have any questions, reach out to us in the Hub in the Salesforce Pro Bono group. How can pro bono support help your organization? Take a look at a Pro Bono Story Profile: Unlocking the Potential of Underserved Youth.
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
- National Aquarium Leverages the Platform for Improved Operational Efficiency
- Freedom Alliance Streamlines Internal Processes with Salesforce
- Musicians On Call Uses Pardot to Connect With Donors
- Moravian College uses Modern for Application Tracking & Engagement
- Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
NPSP 10th Birthday!
- The Nonprofit Success Pack turned 10 in October! See what the community said about NPSP turning 10, and their favorite from over the years!
- Check out the full blog post
Trailblazer Photos from the Community Sprint in Denver are available
- Check out Cori’s post in the Hub for the link to retrieve and download photos
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Salesforce’s New Nonprofit Cloud unites programs, fundraising, engagement and outcomes.
Behavioral Economics Modeling AI enables nonprofit organizations to optimize donations from individual donors while lowering the cost per dollar raised
International Women's Day is a time to celebrate the accomplishments of women and girls around the world. It’s a time…