HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! June 2019
Image: Kell Partners team!
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in May.
Summer ’19 Release
- Website: Release Website with Demo Links and Release Notes
- Trailhead: Summer ’19 Trailhead Module
- Box: Release in a Box
- Notes: Release Notes
- Live: Summer ’19 Release Readiness Live Sessions
- The MOAR You Know: Summer ’19 Release Highlights for Admins and Developers
- Webinar: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar
- Follow the Summer ’19 Release Topic in the Hub!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- EDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Follow the Updates & Releases topic for all general Salesforce release information
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation
- Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) documentation
Extend your Learning
“Ready, Set, Lightning!”
Starting in October 2019, Salesforce will turn on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis for all orgs and all users (users with a Salesforce standard profile or custom profiles with “Lightning Experience User” permission enabled).
If you haven’t made the move to Lightning yet, don’t worry — there are lots of tools out there to help you! Your first step is to review the “How to Get Ready for Salesforce Lightning” blog post for an overview of resources and start putting a plan in place for your org’s transition. We will have additional information and resources for customers throughout the summer, so stay tuned for more!
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from May:
- Announcing foundationConnect
- Planning for Success with Salesforce for Higher Ed
- Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- Get Started with Configure & Customize for Nonprofits
- Get Started with Import Data to NPSP
- Get Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #1 Alumni Relations & Engagement
- Get Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #2 Fundraising & Growth
- Get Started with Salesforce for Advancement: #3 Data & Insights
- Get Started with Salesforce for Recruiting & Admissions: #1 Recruitment & Marketing
- Get Started with Salesforce for Student Success: #1 Advising
View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- June 25: Get Started with Salesforce for Student Success: #2 Student Engagement
- July 18: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar
See all upcoming webinars on the Webinars Topic in the Hub.
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- Getting Started: Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- See all Knowledge Articles in the Hub
- Key Takeaways from Higher Ed Summit 2019
- How to Get Ready for Salesforce Lightning
- Measuring Social Impact Responsibly
- Announcing Gender Pronouns in NPSP Trials
- Salesforce Launches foundationConnect: The CRM + GMS for Grantmakers
- Hub Heroes: May 2019
- Follow the Blogs Topic in the Hub
Check out the Community Events Topic in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
May 6, 2019: PhillyForce, Philadelphia, PA
May 7, 2019: Salesforce World Tour New York, New York, NY
May 13, 2019: Force Academy LA, Los Angeles, CA
May 14, 2019: Salesforce World Tour Washington D.C., Washington, DC
Image Credit: Emma Bloksberg-Fireovid, at the DC World Tour
May 29-30, 2019: TrailheaDX Developer Conference, San Francisco, CA
June 27-28, 2019: NorCal Dreamin’, Sacramento, CA, Register today.
- What’s an Open Source Community Sprint? It’s all about our amazing community! During the event, the community of admins, implementation partners, app partners, and developers will come together for 2 1/2 days with a common goal of making the ecosystem around our open source products better for everyone. The goal of the Community Sprint is simple: making the most of your contribution.
July 26-27, 2019: WITness Success, Nashville, TN, Register.
Oct 16 – 18: Open Source Community Sprint – Philadelphia, PA.
Nov 19 – 22: Dreamforce 2019 – Save the date!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help other members become more successful — they become “Hub Heroes”!
For the month of May, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Kelly Hamilton and Lindsey Adams. Thanks for all you do in the community! View the full blog post.
In case you missed it!
HEDA → EDA: Introducing the New Education Data Architecture (EDA)
On April 16, 2019, Salesforce.org announced Education Data Architecture (EDA), the expansion of Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA). HEDA, the foundation of Education Cloud, is leveraged by more than 1,000 higher education institutions including Harvard, UVA and UMASS Lowell. Now, the data architecture will support the needs of both K-12 and higher education organizations. A new K-12 Kit (available by June 2019) will offer schools and systems an out-of-the-box way to get started with EDA, with custom fields and configurable dashboards unique to their needs. See the full press release.
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Learn more about the importance of CRM vision and strategy and how to implement a CRM vision and strategy in…
Learn how a donor management system can help your nonprofit organization or educational institution boost fundraising and maximize impact.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations and businesses manage relationships with constituents, students, and customers.