HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! June 2018
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is a the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
A lot happened in May — Dreamforce 2018 Registration, GDPR, new NPSP Customizable Rollups, our first community-led webinar hosted in Spanish! — and we want to make sure you’re not missing anything!
If you’re wondering what happened in May, the answer is… a lot! Check it out.
Important Update about the recent NPSP Release
If you are a user using Lightning Experience AND the Classic Nonprofit Success Pack app, you may have noticed that when you switch to Lightning, you can no longer see the NPSP App in the Lightning App menu. Don’t worry, just the App has disappeared. This change does not impact your data, and all your objects are still accessible via the All Items list.
We have a planned fix for this issue and the NPSP App should “reappear” in the next NPSP release. Unfortunately, however, we aren’t releasing a new version of NPSP until the end of June because of the Summer ’18 release. In the meantime, you can create your own Lightning App following our simple instructions or access your objects through the All Items list at the bottom of the App Launcher. If you have additional questions, please post in the Nonprofit Success Pack group in the Hub.
Speaking of the recent NPSP release: Customizable Rollups are here! Rolling up donor data is an essential part of fundraising with the Nonprofit Success Pack. And since every nonprofit is unique, it is especially important that you’re able to roll up exactly the data you need, and to the right records. With Customizable Rollups, you can create as many custom rollups as you need and define their process, filters, and where they roll up to…. check out all the details.
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
Join the Release Chatter Groups in the Hub:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- For all general release information: Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group
• The Summer ’18 Release Highlights Trail in Trailhead is available!
Extend your Learning
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Resources
The European Union (E.U.) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was passed in 2016 with the intent of harmonizing European data protection laws into a single set of rules, while setting a new global gold standard for data protection and privacy. In effect on May 25, 2018, the GDPR is one of the most comprehensive and strictest regulations of its kind in the world. Learn more — all resources on the Salesforce.org’s GDPR website!
- GDPR Chatter Group in the Power of Us Hub
- Documentation: These documents supplement (not replace) guidance from Salesforce with examples and considerations that are specific to our applications (NPSP, V4S, HEDA and SAL)
• Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S), Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA), Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL)
- See upcoming GDPR Webinar Links in “Upcoming Webinars” section below
- European Union Privacy Law Basics Trailhead Trail
- Salesforce External FAQ on the GDPR
- Salesforce GDPR Fact Sheet
- Salesforce.org Data Processing Addendum
- Trust & Compliance Documentation (applicable to Salesforce products)
- Parting G-D-P-R thought
Our content team has been busy! Here are a few webinar recordings and slides of note from May:
- “Building Meaningful Engagement” Webinar Series
• Part 1: Use Salesforce Community Cloud to Deepen your Engagement with your Constituents
• Part 2: 5 Steps to an Engaged Community with Community Cloud
- The Path to $486M: Transforming Gift Ops at Smith College
- Extend Your Fundraising with the Salesforce AppExchange
- Trust Your Data: How to Maintain Data Quality in Salesforce
- From the Ground Up: How Florida Poly Built Its Advancement Operation
- Effortless Governance: Running Salesforce with a Center of Excellence
- Salesforce Access Controls for Higher Education
- Primeros pasos: Fundamentos de Salesforce para organizaciones sin fines de lucro
• Our first Getting Started webinar hosted in Spanish!
- See all past recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel!
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- “Using Data to Drive Impact” Webinar Series
• Thurs, June 7: Customer Showcase: Impact Reporting with Salesforce
• Thurs, June 21: Develop an Impact Measurement Strategy
• Thurs, June 28: Setting Up Reports and Dashboards for Impact Measurement
- Tues, June 12: Program Management Apps Demo Jam
- Weds, June 13: An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Nonprofits
- Weds, June 27 (AMER): Getting Started with European Privacy Basics: A Webinar on GDPR for Nonprofit and Education Organizations
Circles of Success
Circles of Success are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Circles of Success Group in the Hub to learn more!
- Thurs, June 7: Designing a Center of Excellence with Nicole Damstetter
- Weds, June 20: Transform Your Organization With Automation for Nonprofits
- Power of Us Hub Terms of Service, Updated
- Power of Us Hub Community Guidelines, Updated
- Salesforce Training and Certification Options for Salesforce.org Customers, Updated
Blogs and Tidbits
- Success with Salesforce: Strategic Governance for Nonprofits, Schools, and Universities
• See the full Ask an Architect Series
• Managing Governance with a Center of Excellence — White Paper, PDF
- No Running shoes Required: The Salesforce.org Sprint is Coming to Denver, thanks Joanna Iturbe!
- Recruiting International Students: Higher Education Trends
- Higher Education Marketing: Drive Success with a Center of Excellence
E-books & Guides
- 6 Fundraising Strategies from Nonprofit Trailblazers — E-book
- App Guide: Nonprofit Fundraising Apps — E-book
- How 8 Higher Ed Trailblazers are Transforming the Student Journey — E-book
- A Digital Marketing Center of Excellence for Higher Education — E-book
- “Get Your Campus Connected” — Advancement Guide!
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
- Salesforce Connections Conference, Chicago, IL – June 12-14, 2018, Register now!
- Power of Us Party at Connections Conference, Chicago, IL – June 12th, 2018, Register now!
- Texas Dreamin’, June 14-15 – Austin, TX. Register now! Community-led event
- NPSP Day New York, NY – June 21, 2018, Register! Community-led event
- Edu (HEDA/SAL/K-12) AMA, Online in the Hub – June 21, Join the Group! No registration required
- Power of Us Live New York City!, New York, NY – June 26, 2018, Register!
- Midwest Dreamin’, Chicago, I – July 11-13L. Register today! Community-led event
Community Sprint, July 31st and August 1st – Denver, CO
- Registration is live for the 2nd Open Source Community Sprint of 2018!
- Check out the announcement (including links to FAQs and Registration) in the Hub!
- Join the conversation in the Open Source Community Sprints Hub group!
Dreamforce 2018, San Francisco, CA – September 25-28, 2018, Register today!
- Start your Dreamforce adventure now – discount codes available!
- Visit the Dreamforce Chatter Group in the Hub and join the conversation about how to convince your manager to get budget to go to Dreamforce!
Community Group (formerly User Group) Updates
Each month we will highlight new Community Groups! Check out the new groups:
- Equality Trailblazers Group, check it out!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
- Boston Partners in Education Improves Donor Cultivation Processes
- UT Knoxville uses Social Studio to Build Innovative Social Media Courses
- UMass Lowell Builds a One-Stop Shop for Student Service
Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
Getting Started Updates
- You can now view and download the slides for the 4-part Getting Started webinar series in the Getting Started Chatter Group in the Hub!
- Thanks to Elena and Caroline for hosting the first ever Getting Started webinar in Spanish! Thank you so much for being such rockstar community members. Check it out here and in the Getting Started Chatter Group.
New NPSP How-To Videos!
- Over the past few weeks, the NPSP Videography team has been busy adding new short and informative videos for NPSP. These videos are entirely written and produced by the community.
- New videos: Matching Gifts, Customize Household Names, How to Create Tribute Opportunities
The Amplify Group has reached 5,000 members — congratulations to everyone who has helped to create not just the group, but the entire Amplify movement. You are all such an inspiration and we are so lucky to have such a positive force in the Hub! Keep crushing!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Learn more about the importance of CRM vision and strategy and how to implement a CRM vision and strategy in…
Learn how a donor management system can help your nonprofit organization or educational institution boost fundraising and maximize impact.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations and businesses manage relationships with constituents, students, and customers.