HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! July 2019
Amplify Happy Hour at NorCal Dreamin’ in Sacramento, CA June 27, 2019
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
Shortcut to sections:
- Product Updates: Product Documentation & Release Info
- Extend Your Learning: Upcoming & Past Webinars, Blogs, Knowledge Articles
- Get Help from Experts in the Community: Office Hours, Ask a Question
- Hub Happenings: Updates from the Community Team
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in June.
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation
- Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) documentation
- (NEW) K-12 Kit Documentation
- (NEW) foundationConnect Documentation
Summer ’19 Release
- Website: Release Website with Demo Links and Release Notes
- Trailhead: Summer ’19 Trailhead Module
- Box: Release in a Box
- Notes: Release Notes
- Live: Summer ’19 Release Readiness Live Sessions
- The MOAR You Know: Summer ’19 Release Highlights for Admins and Developers
- AMER Webinar on July 18: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar [for Nonprofits & Education]
- EMEA Webinar on July 23: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar EMEA [for Nonprofits & Education]
- Follow the Summer ’19 Release Topic in the Hub!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- EDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Follow the Updates & Releases topic for all general Salesforce release information
Extend your Learning
“Ready, Set, Lightning!”
With the Winter ’20 release Salesforce will turn on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis for all orgs and all users (users with a Salesforce standard profile or custom profiles with “Lightning Experience User” permission enabled).
If you haven’t made the move to Lightning Experience yet, don’t worry — there are lots of tools out there to help you! Here are three steps to help you get started:
1. Review the blog post: “How to Get Ready for Salesforce Lightning” for an overview of resources and start putting a plan in place for your org’s transition.
2. Join the Lightning Experience Rollout Ask Me Anything on July 18th at 9 AM PT. This is a virtual event in the Hub where Lightning Ambassadors are ready to answer your toughest questions! No registration necessary, simply log into the Hub a few minutes before 9 AM PT and navigate to the Lightning Experience Rollout AMA Group. Get all your questions answered in real time!
3. Join our Transition to Lightning Bootcamp. This 6-week Bootcamp will guide you through a basic Lightning transition in a supportive setting. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and present demos, resources and best practices to support you.
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from June:
- Get Started with Salesforce for Recruiting & Admissions: #2 Admissions & Onboarding
- Get Started with Student Success: #2 Student Engagement
- Get Started with Program Management: #1 Configure and Customize
- Get Started with Program Management: #2 Service Cloud
- Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #1 Fundamentals
- Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #2 Configure & Customize
- Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #3 Import Data to NPSP
View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- July 8: Get Started with Program Management: #4 Import Program Data
- July 11: Get Started with Engagement: #1 Engagement for Nonprofits
- July 15: Get Started with Program Management: #5 Reports and Dashboards
- July 16: Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #2 Configure & Customize
- July 16: Ask an Architect: Three Key Elements You Should Include in Your Security Plan for Salesforce Communities
- July 18: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar AMER
- July 18: Get Started with Engagement: #2 Campaigns
- July 22: Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #3 Import Data to NPSP
- July 23: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar EMEA
- July 23: Get Started with Salesforce for Self-Service
- July 30: Get Started with Recruiting & Admissions: #3 Data & Insights
See all upcoming webinars on the Webinars Topic in the Hub.
- Lightning Experience Resources
- Getting Started: Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- See all Knowledge Articles in the Hub
- How to Get Ready for Salesforce Lightning
- Growing Globally with the Education Cloud Community
- Develop a Salesforce Org Strategy to Achieve a Unified Experience
- Education Empowered Podcast: Community Colleges, AI and Social Mobility
- Follow the Blogs Topic in the Hub
- Visit the Salesforce.org Blog
Check out the Community Events Topic in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
June 13, 2019: Salesforce.org Community Day, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- With the groundswell of MVPs, Experts and Partners in town for YeurDreamin’ 2019, salesforce.org ran a hands-on workshop in Amsterdam, with SheMatters and Molengeek, focusing on access to employment. It was a pleasure to work with these amazing people and harness the salesforce community energy into something extra special.
June 14, 2019: YeurDreamin’, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- In the heart of Amsterdam on 14 June, 400 salesforce enthusiasts gathered for the inaugural YeurDreamin’ 2019. The community was represented by 11 countries from as far as New Zealand, with a super representation of all industries. Salesforce.org, as official Nonprofit Track Sponsor, proudly supported four nonprofit sessions featuring UNHCR, RefugeeForce and more. In true community spirit it was an event with MVPs, Community leaders, Partners, developers, architects – just about everybody – all present and willing to help each other achieve more.
Students from SheMatters and Salesforce.org Team
June 17-19, 2019: Connections, Chicago, IL
- A huge thank you to our friends at Pension Fund of the Christian Church for sharing their success story at Connections on June 18. During their presentation, Emily Frische (Chief Marketing Officer) and Meagan Miller (Marketing Director) discussed why their Salesforce Customer Success Architect was so instrumental in deploying Marketing Cloud, building a roadmap for Salesforce at their organization, and outlining their data strategy.
- Nonprofit CRM Discussions at Connections 2019
- View Recordings: AMPScript 101 & AMPscript 201
June 24 – 25, 2019: Salesforce.org Partner Summit, San Diego, CA
- Enrollment Rx received the 2019 AMER ISV Partner of the Year Award
- Cloud for Good received the 2019 AMER SI Partner of the Year Award
- Huron received the 2019 AMER Higher Education Partner of the Year Award
Cloud for Good receives their 2019 AMER SI Partner of the Year Award
June 27-28, 2019: NorCal Dreamin’, Sacramento, CA
The Community gathers at the Amplify Happy Hour at NorCal Dreamin’ in Sacramento, CA
- What’s an Open Source Community Sprint? It’s all about our amazing community! During the event, the community of admins, implementation partners, app partners, and developers will come together for 2 1/2 days with a common goal of making the ecosystem around our open source products better for everyone. The goal of the Community Sprint is simple: making the most of your contribution.
July 26-27, 2019: WITness Success, Nashville, TN, Register.
October 10, 2019: Horizons – Paris, France. Register now.
- Salesforce.org, along with co-host, ESSEC Business School, invite higher education institutions to the 2nd Annual Higher Ed Summit Horizons on Thursday, 10th October at musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, Paris, France.
- Horizons is an exciting day of learning, sharing best practices, connecting, and collaborating. It’s where education, innovation, and community come together – and this year, it’s in Paris, France!
Oct 16 – 18: Open Source Community Sprint – Philadelphia, PA.
- Registration for our final 2019 Sprint in Philadelphia goes live on Monday July 8th! Don’t miss out on this amazing event…it’s sure to book up quick! Check out the Sprint Hub Group for registration links and details.
Nov 19 – 22: Dreamforce 2019 – Save the date!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Update on Groups in the Hub
Update on Private Messages from Hub 1.0
- Take a look at the full Hub Post for all the details
Education Empowered Podcast
- We took episode 4 of the Education Empowered Podcast to Higher Ed Summit for our first recording with a live audience. Ajita Talkwaler Menon, Senior Advisor to the Chancellor of the California Community Colleges and former Special Assistant to President Obama for Higher Education Policy, joined hosts Jason Belland and Haley Gould for an in-depth conversation on AI, the role of community colleges in driving social mobility and more.
- View the full blog post.
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
Each year, as we observe the International Day for the Abolition of Slavery on December 2, we have an opportunity…
A conversation with Jennifer Lotito, the President and COO of (RED), to learn more about (RED)’s success model and how…
Three important issues and trends that emerged from the Strategic Enrollment Management Conference.