HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! July 2018
Power of Us Live! Event in New York City in June. Credit: Kristin Kwasnik
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
A lot happened in June — three new Clouds were announced, registration opens for a new Transition to Lightning Bootcamp, Dreamforce call for presentations begins — and we want to make sure you’re not missing anything!
So… what happened in June?
Important Update about the recent NPSP Release
Please note that there is a bug with the Contact Delete Override button (CON_DeleteContactOverride), which will be fixed in the next release. Using the button in Lighting results in the following error: “This page isn’t available in Salesforce Lightning Experience or Mobile App.” For now, please use Classic to delete a Household or Contact.
Also, we’re happy to announce that Soft Credit Automation and Platform Data Encryption are now GA! With Automated Soft Credits, you no longer have to manually enter soft credit influence, instead, soft credits are automatically created based on Affiliation or Relationship information in the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). By enabling Platform Encryption, customers who have purchased Shield platform encryption can encrypt various fields in NPSP including: Account Name, Account Billing Address, Account Website, Contact Name, Contact Mailing Address, Contact Other Address and Contact Title… stay tuned for more to come in the Hub!
New Clouds Announced!
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release — which is every two weeks! — all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub. This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- For all general release information: Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group
Extend your Learning
Summer ’18 Release
- Landing page: Release Overview & Release Notes
- Guide – train your team or user group: Salesforce Release in a Box – Summer ’18
- Trailhead: Summer ’18 Release Highlights Trail
- Webinar Recording: Highlights of the Summer ’18 Release
- Hub Group: Release Chatter group in the Power of Us Hub
NEW! Transition to Lightning Bootcamp
We are excited to release a new resource for those agile nonprofits thinking about their Lightning transition. Have questions? Looking for a guiding hand? Facing resistance from your end users? This workshop is for you! “Transition to Lightning Bootcamp” is an intensive, 6-week program for our most agile nonprofit customers. At the end of the 6 weeks, your organization is fully migrated to Lightning! Interested in participating? Contact [email protected] for more information.
Our content team has been busy! Here are a few webinar recordings & slides of note from June:
- “Using Data to Drive Impact” Webinar Series:
• Customer Showcase: Impact Reporting with Salesforce (Part 1)
• Develop an Impact Measurement Strategy (Part 2)
• Setting Up Reports and Dashboards for Impact Measurement (Part 3)
- Getting Started with European Privacy Basics: A Webinar on GDPR for Nonprofit and Education Organizations
- Program Management Apps Demo Jam
- An Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Nonprofits
- M+R Benchmarks 2018: A Close Look at the Big Picture!
- See all past recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel!
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Thurs, July 12 – Upgrade to Salesforce Lightning for Nonprofits
- Thurs, July 19 – Lightning Struck: Now What (Links to come, keep an eye on the MindShare Group in the Hub)
- Thurs, July 19 – Indiana University: Unification with a Cohesive CRM Strategy
- Weds, July 25 – Retain More Students with Service Cloud for Higher Education
- Thurs, July 26 – Protect Your Data: Strategies for Data Security and Compliance (Links to come, keep an eye on the MindShare Group in the Hub).
Power of Us Live! Roundtables
“Circles of Success” are now be known as “Power of Us Live! Roundtables.” These are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Power of Us Live! Roundtables Chatter Group in the Hub to learn more!
- Automated Soft Credits
- Associate Courses and Academic Programs
- User Defined Rollups
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) Requirements for Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL)
- See all Knowledge Articles!
- Want to Become a Data-Driven Organization? First, Develop an Impact Strategy
- K-12 EdTech: The Recent Past, Present & Future
- Nonprofit Marketing Best Practices from Connections
E-books & Guides
- Kit – Salesforce Release in a Box – Summer ’18
- FAQ – General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) FAQ
- E-book – Nonprofit Marketing Automation
- E-book – Getting Serious About Social
- E-book – Six Fundraising Strategies from Nonprofit Trailblazers
- E-book – Busting 3 Massive Myths in Higher Education Fundraising
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
- Expedition Impact, Chicago, IL – June 11, 2018
- Salesforce Connections Conference & Power of Us Party, Chicago, IL – June 12-14, 2018
- Texas Dreamin’, Austin, TX – June 14-15, Community-led event
- NPSP Day New York, NY – June 21, 2018, Community-led event
- Education Product AMA, Online in the Hub – June 21
• Check out the Education Product AMA group in the Hub to see what kinds of questions were asked and to search through answers from the HEDA, K-12 and SAL Product Teams!
- Power of Us Live! New York City, New York, NY – June 26, 2018
• Lots went on at the Power of Us Live! event in NYC: Roundtables on impact measurement and donor engagement, the Solution Exchange Live with demos from DonorsChoose.org, Endeavor and New Leaders for New Schools, and the first ever LIVE Demo Jam, featuring our AppExchange partners from Patron Technology, Community Brands, iWave, Fonteva, Rallybound, WealthEngine and Mowgli. Congrats to the winner of the sweet, sweet trophy… Fonteva!!
Midwest Dreamin’, Chicago, IL – July 11-13, Register! Community-led event
- Empower, support and invest in Salesforce Women in Tech user group members & leaders with a 1 ½ day event. Attendees will learn, network, grow & ultimately excel in their Salesforce careers, be role models and mentor others.
- Learn more and register!
- Don’t worry! You can still join the waitlist and we’ll let you know as slots open up. If we are not able to add you to this event, we encourage you to attend the last of our 2018 Sprints taking place October 24th-25th in Portland, Oregon. Stay tuned for more information and links to register for the next sprint!
- Join the conversation in the Open Source Community Sprints Hub group.
- Call for presentations is open! Are you blazing a trail at your institution or organization? We want to hear from you! Submit your session ideas through the Salesforce.org Call for Presentations! Our call for presentations will remain open until July 16, 2018 and we will notify submitters by mid-August.
- Visit the Dreamforce Chatter Group in the Hub and join the conversation about how to convince your manager to get budget to go to Dreamforce!
- Georgetown University Builds Stronger Connections through Community Portal
- Riding for the Disabled Association uses Salesforce for Volunteer Management
- Santa Fe College Uses Salesforce to boost Admissions and Enrollment
- The NPSP Videography team continues to produce new, short and informative videos for NPSP. These videos are entirely written and produced by the community!
- New videos: Custom Opportunity Naming, How to Manage Seasonal Addresses, Add New Relationship Types
- June was Pride month and with that came global celebrations recognizing those in the LGBTQIA+ community who have and continue to influence the movement. Happy Pride everyone!
- In celebration of Pride month, Jace Bryan began adding Hub posts throughout the month of June as a reminder to our LGBTQIA+ Ohana as well as our allies and accomplices, that “…we are indeed valued members of the Power of Us Hub, valued customers and partners of Salesforce.org, and valued members of the overall Salesforce ecosystem.”
- Be sure to check out the Salesforce Equality website, watch our Equality Trailblazers, and join us on the path to #EqualityforAll Be Proudly You. Check out: Proudly Me.
Premier Success AMA, Online in the Hub – July 26, Join the Group! No registration required
WITness Success, Denver, CO – July 27-28, Register today! Community-led event
Community Sprint, Denver, CO – July 31 & August 1, 2018 — Sold out! Join the waitlist
Dreamforce 2018, San Francisco, CA – September 25 – 28, 2018, Register now!
Get Help From Experts at Salesforce
Pro Bono Program
In honor of World Refugee Day on 6/20, we shared a special blog post about the pro bono work Salesforce employees did with Jobs4Refugees. The Berlin-based NGO helps refugees restart their professional careers in Germany. Read how pro bono volunteers are helping Jobs4Refugees power a brighter future!
If you have a need for Salesforce expertise that’s not time sensitive or mission critical, our Pro Bono Program might be the way to go! We aim to match nonprofits and education institutions with Salesforce employees to maximize their Salesforce implementation. Ideal Pro Bono projects should take 10 to 20 hours to complete and exclude integrations with third-party apps. All nonprofit and education organizations with a live instance (not a trial) of Salesforce can apply. For more information including project guidelines, recommendations, and the application…and yes, it’s free!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
New NPSP How-To Videos!
Pride Month in the Hub
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations and businesses manage relationships with constituents, students, and customers.
Read about five ways that purpose-driven companies can make a positive impact.
The Grants Content Kit stores and organizes grant proposal content in Salesforce, allowing grant writers to streamline applications starting with…