HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! December 2018
MVP nominations are open! These 200+ exceptional leaders are lifelong learners who go above and beyond to share their expertise and help the entire community blaze trails.
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
A lot happened last month: MVP nominations and registration for Higher Ed summit are both live. There are three new Getting Started Webinar series (two for nonprofits and one for higher ed) AND three new Community Sprint locations and dates announced, oh boy! Plus, so much more…
What’s included below:
- Past and upcoming webinars & events
- New knowledge articles, blog posts, etc., all new content!
- Power of Us Hub news – what’s new in the community
So… what happened in November?
Hint: NPSP = Nonprofit Success Pack, HEDA = Higher Ed Data Architecture and SAL = Salesforce Advisor Link
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Join the Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group for all general Salesforce release information
Extend your Learning
NEW Getting Started Webinar Series
Register on the right side of the Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits landing page.
1. Getting Started with Program Management for Nonprofits: This five-part series is a technical dive into the basics of configuring NPSP to meet your program management needs. We will take you from process mapping and data modeling to app building and impact measurement.
2. Getting Started with Engagement for Nonprofits: This six-part series will cover how to use Salesforce to connect with constituents and track interactions over time. We will review functionality that is native to Salesforce and the NPSP, then we’ll review specific apps, and finally we’ll take a look at using Marketing Cloud, Pardot, and Community Cloud for engagement.
For Higher Ed:
Register on the right side of the Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Ed landing page
1. Getting Started with Advancement for Higher Ed: Salesforce can help you build enduring alumni relationships, increase fundraising opportunities, and report on performance metrics. This four-part series will show you how to get started using Salesforce for Advancement.
Here are the webinar recordings and slides of note from November:
- Upgrade to Lightning Experience
- Lightning Struck, Now What?
- Winter ’19 Release Webinar
- (Nonprofit) Cultivating Your Next Super Advocate
- (Nonprofit) How GuideStar and Salesforce.org’s New Partnership Will Help Your Nonprofit Become #ImpactFirst
- (Nonprofit) Giving Days: Quantifying the Relationship Between Social Media Attention and Charitable Giving
- (Nonprofit) Premier Success Plans Winter ’19 Release
- (Nonprofit) Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- (Nonprofit) Getting Started: Configure and Customize Salesforce for Fundraising
- (Nonprofit) Getting Started: Importing Data for Fundraising
- (Higher Ed) How to Transform Student Engagement with Salesforce Advisor Link
- (Higher Ed) Revolutionize Recruiting Communications with Marketing Cloud & HEDA
- See all past recordings on the website or on the Salesforce.org YouTube channel
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Tues, Dec 11: Getting Started: Engagement for Nonprofits (Nonprofit)
- Tues, Dec 11: Getting Started with Student Services (Higher Ed)
- Tues, Dec 11: Fundraising Strategies For Your Private School (K-12)
- Tues, Dec 11: An Introduction to Nonprofit Cloud
- Weds, Dec 12: (4) Getting Started: Import Data for Program Management (Nonprofit)
- Weds. Dec 12: Program Management for Faith-Based Organizations: Mobilizing the Next Generation of Workers
- Mon, Dec 17: Getting Started: Importing Data for Fundraising
- Tues, Dec 18: Doing Good is Good for Business: The Evidence by the Numbers
- Weds, Dec 19: (5) Getting Started: Reports and Dashboards for Program Management (Nonprofit)
See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare Chatter Group, or the Getting Started Chatter Group along the left-hand navigation of each group.
Power of Us Live! Roundtables
“Circles of Success” are now known as “Power of Us Live! Roundtables.” These are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Power of Us Live! Roundtables Chatter Group in the Hub to learn more!
- Slides from Dreamforce 2018 Roundtables (16 Roundtables)
- Things to Know Before Enabling Customizable Rollups
- Manually Recalculate Rollups
- Customizable Rollups Recipes
- Consent Management for Nonprofit Success Pack
- Getting Started with Advancement: Planning For Success
- Getting Started: Customize Service Cloud and Salesforce Cases for Program Management
- Getting Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Higher Education
- See all Knowledge Articles!
- Dreamforce Reflections: Highlights from Community MVPs
- 3 Tips for Engaging Your Gen Z Prospects
- How Nonprofits can use Pardot for Moves Management
- How to Find, Cultivate, and Delight Your Next “Super Advocate”
- San Francisco-Marin Food Bank and Corporate Volunteering: Alleviating Poverty with Food Banks
- NetHope Global Summit 2019: People, Collaboration, Trust
E-books & Guides
- Video: Higher Ed Trailblazer: The London School of Economics and Political Science
- 3 new websites in Dutch, French and German!
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Oct 23rd, 2018: Higher Ed Summit Horizons, Barcelona, Spain
Nov 6, 2018: Nonprofit Success Clinic – London
Nov 7, 2018: Power of Us Live! Austin
- We welcomed 15 customers of all shapes and sizes to the beautiful campus at UT Austin for a day of community and collaboration.
- Thanks to the three members from the community shared their stories about how they are using Salesforce: Terry Cole (Street Youth Ministry), Jennifer Lee (University of North Texas), and Deepa Patel (National Multiple Sclerosis Society). Also, shoutouts to Toby Quaranta (Hustle) who won the Demo Jam and to Emily Rose (Mental Health Association) who was so inspired after the event and meeting Terry, that she has committed to starting up the first Oklahoma User Group!
Roundtable discussion about Program Management at the Power of Us Live event in Austin, 11/7/2018
Nov 8 & Nov 13, 2018: The Connected Nonprofit Conferences
- London – Thursday, November 8
- Amsterdam – Tuesday, November 13
Nov 14, 2018: Open Source Community Day Paris
- Salesforce.org hosted our very first Open Source event in Paris, France at the beautiful Paris Yacht Marina and it was a huge success! We had twenty-six participants working hard on projects specific to the EMEA region.
- NPSP highlights: new Customizable Rollups to be added to our upcoming Rollup Recipe Document, GDPR Best Practises, updates to our Account Model documentation to better explain why we recommend the Household Model and what that means for the standard Salesforce Account model.
- HEDA highlights: Dutch use-cases around address fields, identifying local requirements for “Program Enrollment” and “Course Enrollment,” how to manage B2B and B2C Accounts with HEDA in the same org.
Community Day Paris
Nov 15, 2018: French Touch Dreamin, Paris
Nov 16, 2018: Northeast Dreamin’
- Northeast Dreamin’ took place in beautiful Manchester, NH the day after an unexpected fall snowstorm! 450+ participants gathered for a day of Salesforce learning, community, and of course, swag.
- Nonprofits represented among participants and presenters, customers and partners alike, with a dedicated room for our community’s amazing session content. We learned about the ever-evolving ecosystem of apps available to nonprofits in the AppExchange; using Salesforce for Moves Management; constituent engagement strategies; building the right Salesforce team, and more!
Pouya Shahbodaghi from Year Up, Vered Meir from Salesforce.org, Megan Pietruszka from National Network of Abortion Funds after presenting their roundtable session on building Salesforce teams for organizations of every size.
Nov 19, 2018: Nonprofit Success Clinic – Dublin
Nov 28, 2018: World Tour Los Angeles
Rachel Park received a Golden Hoodie at the LA World Tour. Congrats, Rachel!
Nov 28, 2018: World Tour Dallas
Dec 1, 2018: India Dreamin’
Dec 5, 2018: World Tour Atlanta
Dec 5, 2018: World Tour Tokyo
Dec 6, 2018: Down Under Dreaming Brisbane Edition
Dec 12, 2018: Whyfor: Campfire Stories and Celebration, Register today! Night before the NYC World Tour
Dec 13, 2018: World Tour NYC, Register!
Feb 6, 2019: Transition to Lightning Bootcamp (6-week) begins!
- February session (Starts Weds, 2/6/2019) space is limited
Mar 20, 2019: Snowforce, Register!
Mar 21, 2019: Southeast Dreamin’, Register!
Apr 16-18, 2019: Higher Ed Summit 2019, San Diego, California! Register today!
Early bird registration is now open! Join our co-host, University of San Diego and hundreds of innovative institutions from around the globe on April 16-18, 2019 in sunny San Diego, California. Come excited, leave inspired to: Make Change. Make Changemakers.
Early bird pricing ends December 14th, so make sure to get your ticket today! Register!
June 27-28, 2019: NorCal Dreamin’, Register!
View all upcoming World Tour Events and
View all upcoming NPSP Days!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
- Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Raises More Funds with Pardot
- Mile High United Way Takes Donor Engagement to New Heights with Salesforce
- Musicians On Call Uses Pardot to Connect With Donors
- Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
MVP Nominations are Live!
- Nominations for the 2019 Salesforce MVPs are now open! If you are a Trailblazer Community member or Salesforce employee and know someone who deserves the honor of becoming a Salesforce MVP, we encourage you to nominate them by January 11, 2019.
- To help you decide which of your community heroes to nominate, here’s some background on Salesforce MVPs, what we look for, and how the process works. Check it out, then share as many nominations as you’d like via the 2019 Salesforce MVP nomination form.
- Learn About the Salesforce MVP Nomination Process (Plus How to Nominate for 2019!)
- Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help others become more successful on the platform – they become “Hub Heroes”!
- For the month of December, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Kristina Winters, Aiden Martin and Bill Florio. Thanks to Kristina, Aiden and Bill for all you do!
- Want to nominate someone who has helped you in the Hub? Nominate a helpful Hubber.
- Behind the Scenes During #GivingTuesday at Salesforce
- Join the conversation in the Hub to see what System Admins did to funnel donations on #GivingTuesday!
2019 Community Sprint Dates Announced!
- Long Beach, CA Feb 19th – 21st, 2019
- Detroit, MI July 10th – 12th, 2019
- Philadelphia, PA Oct 16th – 18th, 2019
- Keep an eye on the Open Source Community Sprints Group in the Hub for registration information!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…
Salesforce’s New Nonprofit Cloud unites programs, fundraising, engagement and outcomes.