Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub! Think of this as your one-stop-shop for all Salesforce.org content and resources from the past month and a preview for what’s up and coming.
Shortcut to sections:
- Product Updates: Product Documentation & Release Info
- Extend Your Learning: Upcoming & Past Webinars, Blogs, Knowledge Articles
- Get Help from Experts in the Community: Office Hours, Ask a Question
- Hub Happenings: Updates from the Community Team
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in July.
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) Documentation
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) Documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) Documentation
- Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S) Documentation
- K-12 Kit Documentation
- foundationConnect Documentation
Upcoming: Winter ’20 Release, see important Winter ’20 Release update below: “Ready, Set, Lighting!”
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release, every two weeks, all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub.
This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- EDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- Follow the Updates & Releases topic for all general Salesforce release information
“Ready, Set, Lightning!”
Starting on a rolling basis with the Winter ’20 Release, Salesforce will turn on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis for all orgs and all users (users with a Salesforce standard profile or custom profiles with “Lightning Experience User” permission enabled). If you haven’t made the move to Lightning Experience yet, don’t worry — there are lots of tools out there to help you!
First and foremost, join the Salesforce Lightning Experience in the Power of Us Hub to stay in the loop on all the details! The group details outline a lot of great resources available to help you during this transition.
Four steps to help you get started:
1. Review the blog posts for an overview of resources and start putting a plan in place for your org’s transition.
- How to Get Ready for Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce Lightning is Rolling Out – Don’t Fear Being Rolled Over!
- What I Learned in the Transition to Lightning Experience Bootcamp
- Why My Domain in Salesforce Lightning Improves Your Salesforce UX
- Advice for Rolling Out Salesforce Lightning
2. Jointhe Lightning Experience Rollout Ask Me Anything on September 4th at 9 AM PT. This is a virtual event in the Hub where Lightning Ambassadors are ready to answer your toughest questions! No registration necessary, simply log into the Hub and navigate to the Lightning Experience Rollout AMA Group and post your question.
3. Attenda Pro Bono Lightning Success Clinic. We launched a series of Lightning Success Clinics around the globe to help get you on the path towards Lightning Experience. During these in-person events, you’ll learn about the benefits of transitioning to Lightning, what that process entails, demos of exciting new features and functionality, and what resources are available to help you along the way. Register and save your spot today – capacity is limited!
4. Join our Transition to Lightning Bootcamp starting Tuesday, August 6 at 10 AM PT/1 PM ET. This FREE 6-week Bootcamp will guide you through a basic Lightning Experience transition in a supportive setting. Each week we’ll cover a different topic and present demos, resources and best practices to support you.
Here are the webinar recordings & slides of note from July:
- July 8: Get Started with Program Management: #4 Import Program Data
- July 11: Get Started with Engagement: #1 Engagement for Nonprofits
- July 15: Get Started with Program Management: #5 Reports and Dashboards
- July 16: Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #2 Configure & Customize
- July 16: Three Key Elements You Should Include in Your Security Plan for Salesforce Communities
- July 18: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar
- July 18: Get Started with Engagement: #2 Campaigns
- July 22: Get Started with Salesforce for Nonprofits: #3 Import Data to NPSP
- July 23: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar EMEA
- July 23: Get Started with Salesforce for Self-Service
View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel.
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Aug 5: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits
- Aug 6: 6 Week Lightning Bootcamp – Aug (8/6-9/10)
- Aug 8: Get Started with Engagement: #4 Marketing Automation
- Aug 12: Get Started with Configure & Customize for Nonprofits
- Aug 14: Upgrade to Lightning Experience for EDU and NPO
- Aug 15: EMEA Get Ready to Transition to Salesforce Lightning
- Aug 15: Get Started with Engagement: #5 Community Cloud
- Aug 19: Get Started with Import Data to NPSP
- Aug 21: Lightning Struck, Now What? for EDU and NPO
- Aug 22: Get Started with Engagement: #6 Installing Apps
- Aug 29: Get Started with Fundraising for NPSP
See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare group in the Hub.
Knowledge Articles & White paper
- Article: Getting Started: Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- Article: Content Summary for Salesforce Higher Education Customers
- White paper: Nonprofit Cloud White paper
See all Knowledge Articles in the Hub HERE
- Dreamforce 2019: Salesforce Call for Presentations
- Meet the New Higher Education CMO and Marketing Leaders Council
- Nonprofit Marketing Tips: How to Use Storytelling
- Advice for Rolling Out Salesforce Lightning
- Salesforce for Nonprofits: Implementation Tips
- Ask An Architect blog series on security in Salesforce Communities:
Create a Security Strategy
- What the Salesforce Summer ‘19 Release Means for Higher Ed
- Visit the Salesforce.org Blog on the website HERE
- NEW: Engage Constituents with Nonprofit Cloud
- NEW: Install Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) into a Trailhead Playground
- Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- Administer Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Fundraise with Nonprofit Cloud
- Join the Trailhead Community Convo Group in the Hub to ask questions, give feedback, and get news about our Trailhead content.
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
July 10-12, 2019: Open Source Community Sprint, Detroit, MI.
- Our first Sprint in Michigan was a huge success! We introduced Open Source Commons, our long-awaited program to help the Community create sustainable, trusted open source contributions, and launched a new tracking process utilizing GitHub to increase visibility into existing Sprint project work and open up opportunities for future collaboration to make future collaboration on unfinished projects at the next Sprint in Philadelphia, October 16th – 18th and beyond easier.
- Read more about Open Source Commons, and ask questions in the Open Source Community Hub Group.
- Check out the amazing work done at the Detroit Sprint, and find out how you can help!
July 18, 2019: Lightning Experience Rollout Ask Me Anything in the Hub.
- See what questions the community asked about the upcoming Lightning Experience Transition coming with the Winter ’20 Release!
July 18-19, 2019: Big Sky Dreamin’, Big Sky, MO.
July 26 – 27, 2019: WITness Success, Nashville, TN.
July 31 – 01, 2019: Forcelandia – Portland, OR.
- Do you have questions about Marketing Cloud, Pardot, or Marketing Automation in general?
- Post your question in the Hub in the Marketing Automation AMA Group on Weds 8/14 and get your question answered in real time by an expert! No reg required.
- The DOT org conference is developed for one reason: to bring together changemakers from the Nonprofit sector – nonprofits, charities, social enterprises and membership associations – to accelerate their missions and drive impact.
- DOT org is about the convening of you, your team, and organisations like you, for YOUR Development, your team’s Optimisation, and your organisation’s Transformation.
October 10, 2019: Horizons – Paris, France. Register here.
- Salesforce.org, along with co-host, ESSEC Business School, invite higher education institutions to the 2nd Annual Higher Ed Summit Horizons on Thursday, 10th October at musée du quai Branly – Jacques Chirac, Paris, France.
- Horizons is an exciting day of learning, sharing best practices, connecting, and collaborating. It’s where education, innovation, and community come together – and this year, it’s in Paris, France!
- Registration for our final 2019 Sprint in Philadelphia goes live on Monday July 8th! Don’t miss out on this amazing event…it’s sure to book up quick! Check out the Sprint Hub Group for registration links and details.
- Discount Codes available in the Hub HERE
- Call for Presentations for Salesforce.org is now live! Call for presentations is the opportunity for interested parties to submit your ideas for Dreamforce sessions. You all are champions of our products and Dreamforce is a great platform for you to share your stories and best practices with the community.
- Here is the Call for Presentation link that outlines the process and includes the submission form HERE. Check out this blog that has insight and tips on submitting.
- Key Dates. 7/22: Call for Presentations open, 8/23: Call for Presentations closed, 9/20: Decisions made on presentations, submitters notified.
- Pro Bono Lightning Success Clinics
- World Tour Events
- NPSP Days
- Community Conferences
- Join the Dreamforce 2019 group in the Hub to stay up to date on all the Dreamforce updates
Call for Presentations for Salesforce.org is now live! See the full conversation in the Hub HERE.
July Higher Ed Consulting Partner Spotlight: Arkus
July Nonprofit Consulting Partner Spotlight: Cloudsmiths
TAKE ME TO THE HUB
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
— From Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise, and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
October 16 – 18, 2019: Open Source Community Sprint – Philadelphia, PA
Nov 19 – 22: Dreamforce 2019 – Save the date!
December 10, 2019: DOT Org – Amsterdam, fill out the Info Request form.
View all upcoming:
Community Office Hours
There are 6 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe here!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.