Community Sprint in Denver, CO
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is the monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and Hub Happenings from the previous month.
So… what happened in July?
There have been a lot of product updates this year, so why not take a pause and look back at what’s happened so far this year! So far in 2018, the following was completed:
- Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) documentation
- Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA) documentation
- Salesforce Advisor Link (SAL) documentation!
When the Salesforce.org team pushes a new Production or Sandbox package release — which is every two weeks! — all the details, and any other important instructions or changes, are posted to these groups below in the Power of Us Hub. This is the go-to place to find out release updates! As such, we highly recommend you subscribe “to every post” so that you don’t miss out on important information:
- NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group
- HEDA Release Announcements Chatter Group
- SAL Release Announcements Chatter Group
- For all general release information: Success: New Release Readiness Chatter Group
Extend your Learning
Our content team has been busy! Here are a few webinar recordings and slides of note from July:
- Upgrade to Salesforce Lightning for Nonprofits
- Protect Your Data: Strategies for Data Security and Compliance
- 5 Key Trends Impacting Nonprofits
- Customer Showcase: Fundraising Reporting with Salesforce
- Panel: Building a Data-Driven Impact Measurement Strategy
- Lightning Struck: Now What?
- Say Goodbye to Batch & Blast and Say Hello to Constituent Journeys*
- Indiana University: Unification with a Cohesive CRM Strategy
- Retain More Students with Service Cloud for Higher Education
- University Recruitment in the Age of Generation K
- Be a Service Hero with Service Cloud for Higher Education*
- Personalized Career and Alumni Services with HEDA and Community Cloud*
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- Thurs, August 9: Personalized Career and Alumni Services with HEDA and Community Cloud
- Thurs, August 16: UNLV Graduate College’s Phased Approach to CRM Starts with Admissions
*Links will be posted in the MindShare Group in the Hub when they are available!
Power of Us Live! Roundtables
“Circles of Success” are now be known as “Power of Us Live! Roundtables.” These are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from your peers in an unscripted and interactive forum. Join the Power of Us Live! Roundtables Chatter Group in the Hub to learn more!
- What are Campaigns and How Do They Work?
- Hard Credit vs. Soft Credit Customizable Rollups
- See all Knowledge Articles!
- Nonprofit Program Management Case Study: Managing Volunteers with Salesforce
- Using Data to Fight Poverty: How BRAC Uses Salesforce for Continuous Improvement
- Have Questions About Salesforce for Higher Ed? We Have Answers!
- Trends and Tips for Being a Better Student Advisor
- Addressing the Challenges of Recruiting International Students
- Four Steps to Blazing Your Admin Path Through Dreamforce
- Ask an Architect: Incorporating Marketing Cloud into Your Salesforce Platform
- Premier Success and Accelerators for Salesforce.org Customers
- Video: Philanthropy Cloud Overview Demo
- Digital Magazine: Nonprofit Cloud Digital Magazine No. 1
- Report: Nonprofit Trends Report
- E-Book: Growing Nonprofit Customer Trail Guide
- Empower Your Salesforce Users
- Salesforce Envision
- Salesforce Optimizer
- Premier Success Plans
- “So You Wanna Be an Admin” Trailmix by Angela Adams
- Check out all the new Trailhead badges from July!
- Visit the Dreamforce Chatter Group in the Hub
- Join the conversation in the Higher Ed Summit Horizons 2018 Barcelona Chatter Group in the Hub
- Ashoka Integrated Salesforce Data to Drupal Website Using Open Source Tools
- Artivate uses Salesforce for Organization-wide Data Gathering and Reporting
- Stand uses Salesforce for CRM and Revenue & Grants Reporting
- The Hub turns 5 on Thursday, 8/16! Join us on Twitter to share your favorite Hub memories! Make sure to follow @SalesforceOrg
- If you use the hashtag #HubHighFive and share a photo and/or short anecdote about your favorite Hub memory, we’ll send you a limited edition Hub Birthday Sticker!
E-books & Guides
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Midwest Dreamin’, Chicago, IL – July 11-13, 2018
Premier Success AMA, Online in the Hub – July 26, 2018
WITness Success, Denver, CO – July 27-28, 2018
Community Sprint, Denver, CO – July 31 & August 1, 2018
Dreamforce 2018, San Francisco, CA – September 25 – 28, 2018, Register now!
Higher Ed Summit Horizons, Barcelona, Spain – October 23, 2018, Register today!
Community Sprint, Portland, Oregon – October 24-25, 2018, Register!
View all upcoming NPSP Days!
Get Help From Experts at Salesforce
Pro Bono Program
If you have a need for Salesforce expertise that’s not time sensitive or mission critical, our Pro Bono Program might be the way to go! We aim to match nonprofits and education institutions with Salesforce employees to maximize their Salesforce implementation. Ideal Pro Bono projects should take 10 to 20 hours to complete and exclude integrations with third-party apps. All nonprofit and education organizations with a live instance (not a trial) of Salesforce can apply. Get more information including project guidelines, recommendations, and the application…and yes, it’s free!
Check out this month’s Pro Bono Story Profile: Chris works with Effect.org, the San Francisco-based nonprofit that operates schools for low-income families in India. See the full story!
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Community Office Hours
There are 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce. Check out these new solutions:
Have a solution to share? Submit yours now.
Each week Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Subscribe today!
Get your questions answered!
Post a question in Chatter and get an answer within 24 hours.
Announcements from your beloved community management team…
Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help others become more successful on the platform — they become “Hub Heroes”!
For the month of August, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Deanne Walters and Ryan Upton. Thanks to Deanne and Ryan for all you do! Read more about our August Hub Heroes! Want to nominate someone who has helped you in the Hub? Nominate a helpful Hubber.
The Hub’s 5th Birthday!
What do you think of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know your thoughts! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog. Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!