HubCap: Take Full Advantage of the Power of Us Hub! February 2018
By: The Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise and connect with others in the nonprofit, higher education and K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
Introducing the HubCap!
The #HubCap is a new monthly blog series that highlights the best of the Power of Us Hub!
Each month we’ll feature Salesforce.org product updates, a round-up of past and upcoming community events, community-contributed resources and #HubHappenings from the previous month.
There’s so much happening in the Hub, we want to make sure you’re not missing anything!
So… what’s new?
NPSP and HEDA Product Updates
Check out NPSP and HEDA product updates and releases from the past month!
These ideas have not yet been delivered but are in the works.
- NPSP: Additional Merge Button at Bottom of Merge Contacts Screen – A small request that could drive big value in ease of use.
- HEDA: The Ability to Customize the Account Naming Setting – Similar to NPSP, HEDA will include a setting that will allow you to choose a preset naming option or create your own custom naming convention.
- NPSP: Even if you’re a NPSP Data Import pro, you’ll want to take another look at the user guide, recently updated with documentation on the new Dry Run feature along with some clarity on how to create the custom fields for Unique IDs correctly.
- Wondering how to create fancy Lightning Apps like what is now included in new NPSP trials? We’ve got you covered.
- HEDA: HEDA and TDTM 2017 Highlights – Xinnan Li and team brings our community up to speed on what 2017 had in store for HEDA and Table Driven Trigger Management (TDTM)!
- NPSP 3.119 was pushed to production instances on January 23, and it includes a new feature that has been highly requested by the community that you’ll want to check out. Thank you to John Fine for not only suggesting the idea, but writing up a great document for how to implement it.
- Tune in to the NPSP Release Announcements Chatter Group for more!
- HEDA Release 1.47 was pushed to production instances on January 23rd! See the full conversation in the Hub.
- HEDA Release 1.46 was pushed to production instances on January 9th! See the full conversation in the Hub.
Sometimes the community members get to hang out IRL!!! Check out where Hubsters were spotted this month and how you can join the fun in the future…
Tahoe Dreamin’, January 16-18 – Recap
Did you get Up to Snow Good with the #Ohana in Tahoe? Tahoe Dreamin’ is a two-day Salesforce community event that is 100% run by volunteers in the Salesforce community. You get amazing Salesforce content by leading experts in the beauty of Lake Tahoe area!
Open Source Community Sprint, March 5-6 (FREE EVENT)
Are you using NPSP, HEDA or V4S and want to join a vibrant community of your fellow innovators for two days of working to make the products better? Join us in Orlando, Florida March 5-6. Learn more and register today!
Higher Ed Summit, March 21-23
- Join Salesforce.org for the 6th Annual Higher Ed Summit, co-hosted by Georgetown University! A gathering of the most innovative community in Higher Ed. Register now.
- There’s a Higher Ed Summit 2018 Chatter Group in the Hub for all the information and updates!
- Sneak peek: the keynote speaker has been announced, and guess who it is? … Dr. Madeleine K. Albright!
TrailheaDX, March 28-29
- Adventure awaits at the must-attend event of the year for developers and admins. Get hands-on and learn from Salesforce engineers, product leaders and the Trailblazer community. Register today!
- Keep in mind: each attendee will receive TWO certification vouchers with their pass. Ultimate pass attendees will also have two opportunities to certify on-site. See all TrailheaDX details.
NPSP Day, multiple dates
Get ready for a full day of Nonprofit Success Pack learning and contributing!
Extend Your Learning with Webinars and Circles of Success
If you haven’t noticed, there have been a ton of amazing webinars being hosted recently. Here are a few webinar recordings and slides of note from January:
- Intro to Quip + Salesforce
- Jumpstart your Lightning Migration
- The Connected School: How K-12 Public and Private Schools Supercharge Fundraising with Salesforce
- Getting Started with Salesforce series:
You can learn more about webinars in the MindShare Chatter Group, or the Getting Started Chatter Group (more specifically for the Getting Started with Salesforce Webinar Series) along the left-hand navigation of each group.
Circle of Success
Circles of Success are not your traditional sit and listen sessions; you have the unique opportunity to share and learn from their peers in an unscripted and interactive forum.
On February 27th we are launching our newest Salesforce.org Circle of Success: “Effective Donor Engagement with NPSP” hosted by Nicole Damstetter. Register today! Learn more by visiting the Circles of Success Chatter group in the Hub.
Get Help from Experts in the Community
Check out these resources, contributed by community members that help Salesforce.org customers achieve continued success on the platform!
Community Office Hours
There are now 5 different office hour sessions hosted in the Hub by our amazing community members! These are community-led open Q&A sessions: you don’t need to pre-register, you can bring Salesforce questions on any topic, and questions are answered in the order that they are received (so joining for just part of a session is fine too).
- North America Nonprofit – see the recording playlist!
- EMEA Nonprofit
- LATAM Office Hours En Español
- Higher Ed
- K-12 Office Hours
This is a great place to connect with other community members and get some questions answered. Definitely check out a session if you haven’t already! Even if you’re not a newbie, it’s a fun way to learn something new.
The Solution Exchange is a community-powered tool designed to connect community members to users and institutions who are trying to solve similar challenges using Salesforce.
This month, check out how University of Minnesota uses Salesforce for Student Success and Recruiting.
Have a solution to share? Submit yours today.
Did you know that Ryan Ozimek (MVP) reads the entire Hub for you each week?! Join fellow Salesforce.org customers, partners, and staff who get the most important Power of Us Hub updates delivered to their inbox each week. Want to help contribute? It’s simple. Type #PUBCrawl in the comment of any Hub post that you think might be a great highlight for the community to give your pal Ryan a heads-up! Subscribe.
Wait, there’s more! See below for a round-up of announcements from your beloved community management team…
We are excited to announce that we hit 40,000 members in the Power Of Us Community this month! Thank you to everyone in the community — you are what makes this such a special group.
Every month we feature members of the Power of Us Hub who help others become more successful on the platform — they become “Hub Heroes”!
For the month of January, we are proud to highlight the community contributions of Tim Forbes and Cori O’Brien. Thanks to Tim and Cori for all you do! Read more about our January Hub Heroes. Want to nominate someone who has helped you in the Hub? Nominate a helpful Hubber.
This month we brought back #NewMemberMonday! Every Monday we will highlight 1-3 new Hub members, giving them an opportunity to introduce themselves to the community by providing a quick introduction and answering a few questions. While we love to highlight our MVPs, Hub Heroes, and long-standing community leaders, it’s also important to take a moment to welcome our newest members to the community! Follow the #NewMemberMonday topic!
MVP Nominations are LIVE
2018 Salesforce MVP Nominations are live! The Salesforce MVP program recognizes exceptional community members for their contributions to the Community. 2018 Salesforce MVP Nominations are open now! Read more about the MVP Program and Nominate an MVP! Want more insight into what makes a great MVP? Check this out!
What did you think of the first edition of the HubCap?
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Lizzy’s profile, include the topic #HubCap and let us know what you thought! Also, let’s keep the good times rolling… see something we should include in next month’s edition? You guessed it, comment with the topic #HubCap to contribute to the blog.
Until next time!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
You Might Also Like
Learn more about the importance of CRM vision and strategy and how to implement a CRM vision and strategy in…
Learn how a donor management system can help your nonprofit organization or educational institution boost fundraising and maximize impact.
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations and businesses manage relationships with constituents, students, and customers.