Higher Education Advisory Council – Nominations Are Now Open!
By: Nicholas Zinser, Vice Chair, Higher Education Advisory Council
Are you a Salesforce user in higher ed who contributes greatly to the community or do you know someone who is? Make your nomination today!
As I wrap up my second year on the Higher Education Advisory Council, I am impressed with the accomplishments of our team in such a short time. From Unity to HEDA, the Higher Education Advisory Council has worked with Salesforce.org and their partners to develop and shape the tools which make the implementation of Salesforce easier for institutions of higher education.
I’m excited to see where the next year will take us. The new ideas and enthusiasm of the members who joined this year have helped to push our agenda forward, and I am confident that next year’s nominees will be as energetic and involved as this group. If you or someone you know is a Salesforce evangelist, Salesforce thought leader on campus, active in the Power of Us Hub and/or Success communities or a volunteer who spends time leading conference sessions, webinars or reference calls with peers, the Higher Education Advisory Council wants to hear about it.
Council members are afforded the opportunity to be a community leader through Council initiatives such as:
- Higher Education Office Hours – where HEAC members discuss questions from the higher education community
- Higher Education User Group – our virtual User Group with two in-person meetings per year at the Higher Education Summit & Dreamforce
- Committees that foster collaboration among schools and work to improve information sharing for all Salesforce customers
- Sessions with Salesforce.org teams and partners to discuss and explore higher ed needs and solutions
There are other benefits as well:
- Opportunities to be presenters at various conferences and to serve as references for new and potential customers
- Acknowledgement as leaders in the Power of Us Hub customer community
- Networking with peers from around the world
- Membership in private LinkedIn group to display on professional profile
- Interact with Salesforce.org leadership and provide industry guidance and expertise to its initiatives
There is a high bar for membership, so be sure to review the Introduction to the Higher Education Advisory Council deck prior to making any nomination. Nominees will be interviewed this summer and new members will be invited to participate in the council meeting on October 3, the Monday before Dreamforce.
Take a moment to review the Higher Education Advisory Council website for more information. Then nominate yourself or someone who would benefit the Salesforce higher ed community by being part of the council. Nominations are due by June 30, 2016. Spread the word!
About the Author
Nicholas Zinser is Director of Enrollment Systems for Enrollment Management and Student Affairs at Northeastern University. He has worked in higher education for nearly 20 years, focusing on technology and enrollment management. As one of the Salesforce.org’s most veteran and involved users who has spoken at numerous Salesforce events and hosted visitors from schools across the nation, Nick was recognized as a Salesforce MVP in the Spring of 2014. He also is the leader of the Higher Education User Group and served on the Force for Change Grant committee that produced the open-source product, Unity, for the higher education community. Nick is a founding officer of the Salesforce Higher Education Advisory Council.
You Might Also Like
Three important issues and trends that emerged from the Strategic Enrollment Management Conference.
Learn more about the 2023 Salesforce.org America Higher Education Advisory Council (HEAC) nomination process.
Ashley Christopher, Founder and CEO of HBCU Week, gives three ways corporations and HBCUs can partner to diversify the workforce.