Feb 2020 HubCap: Highlights from Salesforce.org Customer Success
Welcome to the HubCap
The HubCap is your monthly highlight reel of the most important product updates, best practices, events, and conversations posted to the Salesforce.org online community, the Power of Us Hub. Read through for curated success content that helps you meet your goals, engage with the community, and achieve more with Salesforce.
Let’s take a look at the top highlights from the Salesforce.org community from January 2020, including product updates, important announcements, and community milestones.
Shortcut to sections:
- Important Updates: Product Documentation & Release Info
- Extend Your Learning: Upcoming & Past Webinars, Blogs, Knowledge Articles
- Events: Past & Upcoming
- Hub Happenings: Updates from the Community Team
Let’s take a deep dive into what happened in January 2020.
“Ready, Set, Lightning!”
- Salesforce turned on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis starting on January 7, 2020. The “Turn on Lightning Experience” critical update was activated for all orgs where the new interface wasn’t already enabled. See all updates in the Salesforce Lighting Experience Group in the Hub.
- Spring ’20 Release Notes
- Spring ’20 Release Webinar (March 3, 2020)
- Join the Release Readiness Group in the Hub
Extend Your Learning
Past webinar recordings & slides of note from January:
Get Started with Fundamentals for Salesforce (Nonprofit)
- Jan 6: Get Started with Fundamentals for Nonprofits #1
- Jan 13: Get Started with Configure & Customize for Nonprofits #2
- Jan 23: Get Started with Fundraising for NPSP #3
- Jan 27: Get Started with Import Data to NPSP #4
Marketing Cloud Webinars
- Jan 22: So you inherited a Social Studio org…now what?
- Jan 29: So you inherited a Marketing Cloud org… now what?
- View all recordings on the Salesforce.org YouTube Channel
Upcoming Webinars to keep an eye on:
- NEW: Next Step Webinar Series: Build on the Nonprofit Fundamentals, register for the series
- After completing Get Started: Salesforce Fundamentals for Nonprofits webinar series, we encourage you to continue learning with this weekly series. The topics we’ll cover are basic components of Salesforce for nonprofits and essential to your success. These are:
- Feb 6 – Week 1: Sending email through Salesforce
- Feb 13 – Week 2: Campaigns for fundraising and more
- Feb 20 – Week 3: Managing activities
- Feb 27 – Week 4: Reports and dashboards
- Get Started with Fundraising Webinar Series, register for the series
- Fundraising is the heart of NPSP but every nonprofit is unique. In this 4-week series we’ll show you how NPSP can help solve some of the most common challenges in nonprofit fundraising.
- Feb 12 – Week 1: Accounting for Your Income
- Feb 19 – Week 2: Money that Comes in Over Time
- Feb 26 – NEW! Week 3: Donation Attribution and Soft Credits
- Mar 4 – Week 4: Reports and Dashboards for Fundraising
- Fundamentals for Nonprofits Webinar Series, register for the series
- Mar 2 – Week 1: Understanding basic Salesforce concepts and navigation
- Mar 9 – Week 2: Understanding the core NPSP objects and simple configuration and customizations
- Mar 16 – Week 3: Understanding fundraising processes and how to map them in Salesforce
- Mar 23 – Week 4: Understanding how to use the NPSP Data Importer to get your data into Salesforce
- One-off webinars:
See all upcoming webinars in the MindShare group in the Hub.
Knowledge Articles & Workbooks
- Create and Manage Engagement Plans
- Customizable Rollups Overview
- Campaigns for Fundraising Implementation Guide
- Trailblazer.me announcement! Your Trailblazer.me account is your unified profile across the Salesforce ecosystem. With Trailblazer.me, you now have one place to manage your settings and can access multiple Salesforce-related sites with one login.
- If you have questions about your Trailhead profiles, whether around your merged profiles or login itself, please direct all questions to: [email protected]
- Join the Trailhead Community Convo Group in the Hub to ask questions, give feedback, and hear news about our Trailhead content.
Check out the Community Events Group in the Hub to learn about upcoming in-person Salesforce events!
Jan 13, 2020: New Year, New Org (in-person, Salesforce-led event)
- 40 community members gathered at Salesforce HQ in San Francisco for an in-person training. Gordon Lee, Bay Area Community Group Leader led an in-person training on the Salesforce Optimizer.
- Check out the Healthy Org Workbook
Jan 16, 2020: Higher Ed Summit Ask Me Anything (virtual)
Jan 17, 2020: Cactusforce (in-person, community-led event)
- Zayne Turner spoke on her experiences being judged for “technical” expertise as part of her keynote and explored what that even means. View session recordings here.
Jan 21, 2020: Manchester Success Summit (in person, Salesforce-led event)
- Salesforce.org Success Summit went to Manchester, UK this month to meet with our North of England Nonprofit community. It was a full house, with 40 attendees joining us for a day of roundtable discussions and best practices on Data Management, NPSP, Marketing Cloud, and more. See the full recap here!
- Partner 4C announced the launch of the Manchester Nonprofit Community Group!
- Join the Ireland and United Kingdom Group in the Hub to stay in the loop for future events in the area.
Dreamin’ Events — these events are run by community members, not Salesforce!
- Feb 26 – 28, 2020: Snowforce 2020. Register now
- Feb 29, 2020: Albanian Dreamin’ 2020. Register now
- March 13 – 15, 2020: Skiforce 2020. Register now
- March 13, 2020: Banff Dreamin’ 2020. Register now
- March 20, 2020: London Calling 2020. Register now
- March 26 – 27, 2020: Southeast Dreamin’ 2020. Register now
- April 24, 2020: Truenorth Dreamin’ 2020. Register now
- April 24, 2020: dreamOle 2020. Register now
- View all upcoming Community Conferences here
March 30 – April 1, 2020: Open Source Community Sprint in Atlanta, GA!
April 29 – May 1, 2020: Higher Ed Summit. Register now
June 9 – 10, 2020: TrailheaDX. Save the date!
2020 Open Source Community Sprints:
- March 30th – April 1st, 2020 in Atlanta, GA, Reg open now!
- August 10th – 12th, 2020 in Seattle, WA, Reg opens in May
- December 9th – 11th, 2020, Austin, TX, Reg opens in September
Global Gatherings — didn’t make it to Dreamforce 2019? No worries! DF19 comes to you!
- Your Community Group Leaders are excited to bring the best of Dreamforce closer to home throughout January and February 2020. Join your local community for one of 250+ Dreamforce Global Gathering meetings to learn from your peers, connect with your local community, have fun, and give back together.
- Find an upcoming gathering near you – see here.
- Congrats to our January 2020 Hub Heroes: Mariana Mazzeo, Dar Veverka and Pierre Desjardins
- Learn more about our new Hub Heroes in the full blog post here
Knowledge Article Social Sharing
- Did you know that you can now click to share knowledge articles to social media directly from the Hub?
- Visit any knowledge article in the Hub and on the top right corner of the article you will see links to share via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Check out the screenshot below:
New Salesforce.com Calendar Filter
- Looking for help with product adoption and best practices? The Salesforce.com Customer Success Events Calendar now has built-in filters for Nonprofit Cloud & Education Cloud to help .org customers find NGO & EDU content faster than before.
- Here’s how it works: From the Customer Success Calendar, use the Products dropdown to filter for your desired cloud. Voila! You’ll see all of the upcoming webinars & events in that category. You can further segment by region and event type as needed.
- For EDU content creators who publish to the calendar: Make sure you select the new “Education Cloud” value under “Products” on your Program Engagement Records to transfer your programs into this new filtered category.
That’s all, folks. Thank you for everything!
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Hub Feedback and let us know your thoughts!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise & connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
You Might Also Like
A CRM is a customer relationship management tool that helps organizations such as nonprofits and education institutions manage relationships with…
This Women’s History Month, we celebrate the innovative women leaders of the Salesforce Catalyst Fund who are helping to bring…
Salesforce’s New Nonprofit Cloud unites programs, fundraising, engagement and outcomes.