Countdown to Horizons Virtual: 3 Reasons to Attend the International Event in Higher Ed
Horizons Virtual 2020 registration is now open! This annual international higher education event has gone virtual this year, which means that on 6 October at 10:30 a.m. BST, you can attend with a beverage in-hand while connecting and learning with a global audience.
Horizons has become a mainstay to gather thought leaders, experts, and technologists in the education sector, becoming one of the industry’s annual events in Europe. Thus, whether you’re a repeat attendee or new to the scene, we want you in the virtual room with us this year.
So with Horizons going virtual for 2020, what exactly can you expect? Here are the top three reasons to attend Horizons virtual:
- A phenomenal keynote session featuring a top European business school and their never-before-seen Education Cloud success story.
- Global perspectives! International is at the heart of our agenda for Horizons 2020. Hear from university leaders in the U.K., U.S., Norway, and Spain, and drop in for a panel discussion with Australian higher education technologists.
- Networking. Just because we can’t physically be together doesn’t mean you can’t make meaningful connections with worldwide industry leaders like yourself. You can expect a full 90 minutes of compelling content aimed at bringing the community together to grow and build for the future.
If those three reasons aren’t enough to convince you, how about this: It’s a pivotal time for higher education and today more than ever, convening to share, learn, and plan for the future is imperative for long-term success. Delivering connected digital experiences to students and staff, and providing them quickly, is critical for institutions globally. Digital transformation is about the journey, and we’re excited to showcase how Education Cloud is uniquely positioned to support institutions to accelerate their pace of change as they embrace the new normal.
This year’s programme will focus on sharing the digital transformation journey of leading institutions, such as LaTrobe, University Technology Sydney, Carlos III Madrid and BI Norwegian Business School–institutions that are reimagining their recruiting and admissions processes, streamlining student services, and building communities for student, alumni, and institution success alike.
We’re also delighted to announce a truly international panel featuring the following leaders in higher education:
- Ian Dunn, Provost, Coventry University (U.K.)
- Paul LeBlanc, President, Southern New Hampshire University (U.S.)
Additionally, the programme will announce the latest Education Cloud innovations and share how institutions are achieving learner and institution success in key areas, like:
- Cultivating change that supports transformation
- Enhancing the student experience – virtually
- Accessing data and generating insights to make informed decisions
As we’re in the midst of one of the most transformative times in education history, we’re excited to collaborate, innovate, and evolve to digitally transform and make long-term impact for our community–together.
Register now and join us for an event that will unite our international community of education trailblazers in Australia, Europe, U.K., and beyond. We look forward to seeing you online!
About the Author
Jane Armstrong is a Senior Director, Education Industry Solutions International (EMEA & APAC) at Salesforce.org, the social enterprise division of Salesforce focused on delivering technology to nonprofits, educational institutions, and philanthropic organisations so they can have a bigger impact.
You Might Also Like
Salesforce.org was back in person at Davos 2022 and focused on the benefits of the stakeholder economy across all programming.
Did you miss the second annual Nonprofit Summit? Don’t worry, catch all the highlights here.
Hear Darren Walker’s advice on three ways that donors can better serve nonprofits and his thoughts on the future of…