Cross-posted from Soapbox Engage by Tim Forbes
Having the right tools can make all the difference in both the end results of fundraising campaigns as well as the morale of the fundraiser. And the importance of morale shouldn’t be underestimated. As we noted in a recent blog post, the average tenure for a fundraiser is just 16 months. Burnout plays a big part in that stat.
The Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack offers a powerful platform for fundraising out-of-the-box along with an immense ability to further customize that platform to meet your own needs. Over the last several months, we’ve highlighted a number of ways to do so. As summer nears a close and we look toward the end-of-year giving season, we offer this list of 10 how-to recipes to make your job as a fundraiser easier and your work more effective. Each range in the time required to implement. Some require as few as 15 minutes. Some a little over an hour. Feel free to tackle one or two in your own Salesforce instance to prepare your nonprofit for the end-of-year fundraising sprint.
And, to prepare yourself for that fundraising sprint, watch our free webinar, How to Raise More Money Without Burning Out, with special guest presenter Beth Kanter. We discuss signs of burnout and strategies for self-care and organizational culture that promotes it – along with some other Salesforce-specific suggestions for staying fresh as a fundraiser.
How-To Recipes for Fundraising in the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack
1. Display recurring donation data on Salesforce Contacts using User Defined Rollups in the NPSP
2. Create Levels to track and cultivate sustaining donors in the Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack
3. Using User Defined Rollups and Levels to Target One-Time Donors for Monthly Giving
4. Create an Engagement Plan Template to Cultivate One-Time Donors into Sustaining Supporters
5. Calculate Consecutive Years Giving using User Defined Rollups in the Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack
6. Calculate Gross Lifetime Value for Contacts in Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack
7. Personalize fundraising appeals by creating Next Ask Amount in Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack
8. 12 Formulas for Calculating Next Ask Amount in the Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack
9. Improve sustaining donor appeals by creating Next Recurring Ask Amount in Salesforce.org Nonprofit Success Pack
10. Segment Donor Lists in Salesforce for #GivingTuesday Appeals with Last End-of-Year Giving Data