10 Content & Community Highlights from 2019
A lot happened in 2019 — but one thing remains the same: Salesforce.org is committed to you, our nonprofit and education customers and partners, and your success.
Let’s take a look at the top 10 highlights from the Salesforce.org community, including product updates, important announcements and community milestones!
- Awesome New Product Features, Fixes & Updates
- Lightning Adoption
- Fundraising & Engagement
- Program Management & Impact
- Healthy Org
- Higher Education
- Community Milestones & Hub Happenings
- Batch Gift Entry. On January 9, 2019, Salesforce.org announced Batch Gift Entry. Batch Gift Entry is a data entry tool optimized for getting donation data into the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). See the Hub post here, and Product Documentation Overview here.
- Salesforce.org and Salesforce.com combine forces! On April 15, 2019, Salesforce announced that Salesforce.org, the independent nonprofit social enterprise, will be integrated into Salesforce. See the full press release.
- HEDA becomes EDA. On April 16, 2019, Salesforce.org announced Education Data Architecture (EDA), the expansion of Higher Education Data Architecture (HEDA). See the full press release.
- foundationConnect update. On May 15, 2019, Salesforce.org launched foundationConnect: the CRM+GMS for Grantmakers. See full blog post here.
- Gift Entry Manager (GEM). GEM is live as of August 15, 2019. Check out the blog post announcing the news.
- NPSP Data Import Resources. Announced September 5, 2019. We revamped the NPSP data import documentation – huzzah! See the update in the Hub here.
- Lightning Update: Salesforce turned on Lightning Experience on a rolling basis starting on January 7, 2020. The “Turn on Lightning Experience” critical update was activated for all orgs where the new interface wasn’t already enabled. See all updates in the Salesforce Lighting Experience Group in the Hub.
- Bootcamp: We hosted seven 6-week Lightning Bootcamps in 2019. View the recordings HERE.
- Trailhead: Make the Move to Lightning Experience
- Webinar Recordings:
- Winter 2020 Release Notes
- Webinar Recording AMER: Highlights of Winter ’20 Release Webinar
- Webinar Recording EMEA: Highlights of Winter ’20 Release for Nonprofits and Higher Education
- Trailhead: Winter ’20 Release Highlights
- Release in a Box: Download your Winter ’20 Release in A Box
- Summer 2019 Release Notes
- Webinar Recording AMER: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar
- Webinar Recording EMEA: Highlights of the Summer ’19 Release Webinar
- Trailhead: Summer ’19 Release Highlights
- Spring 2019 Release Notes
- Webinar Recording: Highlights of the Spring ’19 Release
- Trailhead: Spring ’19 Release Highlights
- Trailhead: Fundraise with Nonprofit Cloud. Also available in French and German!
- Trailhead: Engage with Nonprofit Cloud
- Trailhead: Administer NPSP
- Webinar Recordings: Get Started with Fundraising Series
- Webinar Recordings: Get Started with Engagement for Nonprofits Series
- Other webinars:
- Product Update: On October 18, 2019, Salesforce announced our commitment to build new Nonprofit Cloud program management capabilities* to streamline service delivery to reach more clients and deliver tailored programs at scale with the new Nonprofit Cloud Case Management and adding key Program Management functionality in the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). Read more in the blog here.
- Blog: How to Combine Impact Measurement and Program Management
- Trailhead: Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- Webinar Series: Manage Programs with Nonprofit Cloud
- Recording: Impact Jam: Nonprofits Programs Showcase
- E-Book: Healthy Org Workbook
- Develop a Salesforce Org Strategy
- Duplicate Management for Nonprofits and Higher Ed Organizations
- How to Document Inside Your Salesforce Instance
- How to Manage User Requests for Salesforce Admin Permissions
- Three Steps to Reviewing your Data Security in Community Cloud
- When to Archive Data and Not Migrate It
- Why Do I Need a Center of Excellence, Anyway?
- K-12 Architecture Kit: Salesforce.org launched its first official product for the K-12 industry! K-12 Architecture Kit is the foundation of Education Cloud for schools and districts to connect people, processes, and data. Check out the blog post and product documentation to learn more — and/or start a free trial!
- K-12 Intervention Management: At Dreamforce 2019, Salesforce.org also announced its intent to build a K-12 intervention management solution. Student-facing staff will be better enabled to triage student caseloads, collaborate around student support, develop personalized success plans for students, centralize communications with families, and track student progress. Stay in the loop as the product progresses — or even inform development!
- Webinar Series: Advancement, Recruiting & Admissions, Student Experience
- Blog: Higher Ed Advisory Council Growing Globally with the Education Cloud Community
- Trailhead: Salesforce.org Education Cloud Basics
- Trailhead: Achieve Advancement Goals with Education Cloud
Higher Ed Summit 2019 – April 16-19, 2019
- Higher Ed Summit Recap: Higher Ed Summit 2019 Session Recordings
- Higher Ed Summit Horizons Recap: A Recap of Horizons, the First SFDO Higher Ed Event in Europe!
- Save the date for Higher Ed Summit 2020 in Indianapolis, April 29 – May 1, 2020
Dreamforce 2019 – Nov 19-22, 2019
Nonprofit & Higher Ed Keynote Recordings:
- SFDO Keynote: Innovating Together to Change Our World
- Education Cloud Keynote: Innovative Lifelong Learning for Everyone
- Nonprofit Cloud Keynote: Reimagining Technology to Put People First
- Philanthropy Cloud Keynote: The Future of Workplace Culture
- Guide: Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 Ultimate Content Guide
- Blog: Dreamforce 2019 Reflections: Highlights from Community MVPs
- Group: Join the Dreamforce Group in the Hub for all Dreamforce updates!
- Save the date for Dreamforce 2020, Nov 9-12, 2020
Pro Bono Week 2019
- Long Beach, Feb 2019 Overview
- Amsterdam, April 2019 Overview
- Detroit, July 2019 Overview
- Philadelphia, October 2019 Overview
- Keep an eye out for sprints in 2020, Atlanta, GA Mar 30 – Apr 1, 2020. Registration opening mid-January 2020.
DOT Org Events 2019 – Introducing the DOT org Conference Series!
- The Power of Us Hub moved to Lightning!
- On April 10th, 2019, the Power of Us Hub went live in Lightning! The Salesforce.org Community Team made the move to Lightning Communities in order to take advantage of the latest and greatest features of the Salesforce Community product. The upgrade allows us to make more frequent updates and enhancements to help make your experience in the Hub more personalized and collaborative! See the full blog post.
- Salesforce.org Impact Labs
- On October 23rd, 2019, Salesforce.org Impact Labs was announced!
- Salesforce.org Impact Labs is a collaborative program to co-design innovative technology solutions that address the toughest social issues facing us today. We combine the expertise of our community with the power of the Salesforce platform to take risks, find new solutions, and address complex social issues together. We will start by hosting Impact Labs next year on different social issues that are surfaced from the community. The goal is to co-create technology solutions that can accelerate sector-wide change. See the full blog post.
- Open Source Community
- We’re happy to say that 2019 was a huge year for our open source programs!
- We saw record numbers of registration for Community Sprints and introduced CumulusCI hands-on-training. This training has been designed for open source community members of all technical levels who are looking for hands-on experience using CumulusCI, and understand how it can be used at their organization. Join us at a Sprint in 2020!
- In March 2019 we launched Open Source Commons, our collaboration program to encourage our community of mission-driven individuals to work together to solve the world’s most challenging problems. We also celebrated the official release of our first security-reviewed OSC project Outbound Funds, a community developed and maintained application for managing funds awarded by any organization, such as grants and scholarships.
- 2019 Class of Salesforce MVPs
- The 2019 Class of Salesforce MVPs was announced on April 3rd, 2019 — Congratulations, everyone! Join the conversation in the Hub.
- Stay tuned for the 2020 Class of MVPs coming soon
That’s all, folks. Thank you for everything!
We want your feedback! Hop in the Hub and post to Hub Feedback and let us know your thoughts!
From, Your Salesforce.org Community Team
The Power of Us Hub is an online community for Salesforce.org customers, certified partners and staff. The Hub is a place for you to get answers, build your Salesforce skills, share your expertise & connect with others in the nonprofit, higher ed & K-12 sectors who are using Salesforce!
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other posts or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase Salesforce applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. For more information please visit www.salesforce.com, or call 1-800-667-6389.