What is the cost of registration?
Registration is $300 for full time employees of higher education institutions. Before December 9th, we offer an early bird rate of $250. For those who are not full time employees of higher education institutions, the fee to attend is $2,500. If you are from a K-12 organization the early bird rate is $175 and after December 8th the ticket price is $200. All registrations using the Higher Ed Institution, K-12 and Partner rate will be subject to verification.
Where and when is Higher Ed Summit 2018?
Higher Ed Summit 2018 is cohosted by Salesforce.org and Georgetown University in our Nation’s Capitol March 21 -23. The majority of our conference activities will take place at the Gaylord Resort & Convention Center, located at 201 Waterfront St, Oxon Hill, MD 20745 (11 miles from downtown D.C.)
How do I submit a presentation for Higher Ed Summit 2018?
Call for proposals is now closed. Thank you to all who submitted!
What if I need to cancel my conference registration?
All event cancellations must be emailed to HESummit@regsvc.com by date and time noted below to receive full or partial refunds. All times listed are Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Full Refund – Cancellation notice received by 11:59pm on Friday, February 16, 2018
- 50% Refund – Cancellation notice received between 12:00am on Saturday, February 17, 2018 and 11:59pm on Friday, March 2, 2018
- No Refund – No refunds will be given for cancellations that occur on or after 12:00am on Saturday, March 3, 2018.
- Substitution – Requests will be processed free of charge if submitted by 11:59pm on Friday, March 16, 2018. Requests received after 12:00am on Saturday, March 17, 2018 may be subject to a $100 processing fee.
- Hotel Cancellation Policy – All hotel cancellations must be received in writing by the dates listed below to receive full refunds. Submit your cancellation request to HESummit@regsvc.com.
Gaylord Resort & Convention Center, cancellation policy is 72 hours in advance of the confirmed arrival date
MGM Grand National Harbor, cancellation policy is 72 hours in advance of the confirmed arrival date
AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, 72 hours in advance of the confirmed arrival date
Residence Inn Marriott National Harbor, 72 hours in advance of the confirmed arrival date
Can I transfer my registration to someone else?
Transfers within your university, company, or department will be accepted through Friday, March 16th by 3pm (PT). Please contact us at HESummit@regsvc.com to make the transfer.
Are there any discounts available for registration or travel?
No, we do not currently have discounts available for registration or travel.
How do I attend if I am not a full time employee of a higher ed institution?
While the higher ed institution rate of $300 is only available to full-time employees of higher ed institutions, we welcome consultants and other attendees to join us for a fee of $2,500. Please note that all registrations using the higher ed institution rate are subject to verification.
How do I secure a hotel room?
The deadline for booking hotel for this event has passed. To book a hotel, please contact your preferred hotel directly using the information below:
- Gaylord Marriott’s Central Reservations department at 1-877-491-0468, there is no code required to book.
- AC Hotel National Harbor Washington Call reservations at 1-888-236-2427 or book online at Marriott.com.
- Residence Inn Marriott National Harbor Call reservations at 1-888-236-2427 or book online at Marriott.com.
How do I request a receipt for my hotel deposit?
Please contact us at HESummit@regsvc.com to request a receipt for your hotel cost.
Are meals included with my registration fee?
Breakfast will be provided Wednesday through Friday and lunch will be provided on Wednesday and Thursday. We’ll also have a welcome reception on Wednesday with appetizers and cocktails.
What is the airport nearest to the Higher Ed Summit?
Please refer here for information on the nearest airports, transportation options and parking for the Gaylord Resort & Convention Center.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport – DCA (8 miles W)
- Washington Dulles International Airport – IAD (35 miles W)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport – BWI (42 miles N)
How do I reserve a hotel room using a different credit card?
To reserve your hotel reservation with a credit card that is different than the one used to pay the conference fee, please do not request hotel when your registration is submitted. Once your registration is completed and you have landed on the registration success page, click the “change” link in the Accommodations section. Follow the prompts, choosing the “new credit card” drop down when asked. (Note: if you did not land on the registration success page, log in here with the username and password you created / used during registration.)
How do I add or change a hotel reservation after a registration has already been submitted?
Add hotel: The deadline for booking hotel for this event has passed. To book a hotel, please contact your preferred hotel directly using the information above under the “How do I secure a hotel room” section.
Change existing reservation: Please email HESummit@regsvc.com if you need to update your check in or check out date prior to arriving onsite.
I want to speak at the Higher Ed Summit 2018. What do I need to do?
Unfortunately the call for session proposals is now closed but we’d love to hear your story so we hope you consider submitting a proposal next year.
I want to sponsor Higher Ed Summit 2018. What do I need to do?
We are thrilled you want to sponsor the Higher Ed Summit 2018! Please visit our Sponsor tab for more information.
I have a question not answered in these FAQs. How do I get an answer?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us below with any questions you may have!
Higher Ed Summit Concierge
If you have questions regarding Higher Ed Summit registration and housing, please contact us Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (PT) and 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (PT) on Fridays at:
Phone (Domestic): 1-866-467-8836
Phone (International): +1-971-223-0785